What would you have been doing this weekend ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I would be interested to know whats on the Plate :smile:
peas , oven baked tomatoes, homemade [locally sourced potatoes ] oven baked chips & haddock / smoked haddock coated in breadcrumbs [tad too much lemon if i'm honest] & a drizzle of tomato ketchup
1586537888973.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On a fine sunny day like this I would probably have got up early and gone out on my bike to do a 100 km or 100 mile ride, either solo or with others.

In the current circumstances I had a late night watching Netflix, had a lie-in, then went out to do a short local ride including a few hills. I was aiming to stick to about 20 kms but it was so nice out that I decided to add one more hilly loop for a grand total of about 28.5 kms and 400-odd m of climbing (or 17.5 miles and 1,350 ft if you absolutely insist on sticking to those illogical imperial units). Just enough to feel like I had actually exerted myself.

One advantage of the shorter ride is that I will eat a lot less today (I want to lose some weight). Instead of a big breakfast, energy drinks and snacks, then a big evening meal and more snacks, I will make do with the small apple that I ate when I got back and a salad this evening. I'm sure that the reduced intake will more than compensate for the reduced exertion in terms of calories.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I would have been doing a 100k ride and some stuff in the garden.
Mrs B would have been going to church; twice and some stuff in the garden.
We would have been visiting my Mum, child 1 and our grandchild.
We are left with garden stuff, child 2 and our own company.

Oxford Dave

I should have been playing at the Fiddlers Elbow in Camden tomorrow night, but that's cancelled like everything else at the moment. Next currently uncancelled gigs are in a couple of months, in Portsmouth and Camden. Fingers, legs, and eyes all crossed….

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I should have been playing at the Fiddlers Elbow in Camden tomorrow night, but that's cancelled like everything else at the moment. Next currently uncancelled gigs are in a couple of months, in Portsmouth and Camden. Fingers, legs, and eyes all crossed….
What you playin? Solo or group? My lad plays in Oxford Band Lacuna Common....

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Saturday I would have been going down to Brands Hatch for the practice & qualifying of the 2nd BTCC meeting of the season, while on Sunday it would have been a family gathering at mum's as my neice still wanted an Easter egg hunt despite being nearly 18. Friday or Monday would have been a working day with the other being a bike riding day.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Watching Accy Stanley play local(ish) club Fleetwood Town in glorious sunshine(as it turned out) and no doubt there would have been a very good crowd on. Then going down my local pub for a few pints.:sad:

Top Bottom