What would you have been doing this weekend ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Plans:- Working night shifts.
Actual:- Working night shifts.

It's actually quite nice to be an essential worker.

lane

Veteran
Would have been staying fairly local due to everywhere being busy. Would probably have involved a long bike ride and doing some walks probably at NT places.

Will be mainly staying at home as instructed with a short walk or bike ride each day. Have a couple of little jobs to do but otherwise reading, TV, internet. Might do some work as working from home anyway so what I do now won't have to do later.

Go to the pubs at 2pm get back 8ish
Instead
In my garden. Planting seedlings.
Cut more firewood on the drive.
Take dog for a walk. I will be on my electric bike with trailer to collect more wood. Aiming for 2 years worth probably there now. Then build another log shed (another day)
What I SHOULD be doing. Put in replacement studs on my ice tyres on my electric bike and my Santos. Change tyres on both. Oil change in the Santos Rohloff. Deal with a problem mudgaurd on second Santos. Opps forget while changing tyres on kalkhoff put on some front panniers. Ones that used to be made by Carradice which require no fitting/braze ons. I am bound to forget the latter.
Whine to myself about my constant toothache.
Arhhhh
Thought it was Saturday.
Don't work but loosing pub on Thursday and Saturday has left me confused as to what day it is.
So as it's Friday (feel free to contradict me) I am doing exactly as above and probably the same tomorrow.....and the same for the next six months!

Take a break as I am stressed out at being unable to find my garden trowel and the dog has just started limping. She sits with her paw in the air expecting me to remove the thorn or whatever it is. Can't find anything doesn't stop her following me around and sitting with her paw in the air.
annoying toothache doesn't help

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Normally if we went to say an NT place at Easter would have found it too busy. Now, perversely I am missing the crowds!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
probably the same as I am doing this weekend;

worked this morning (double time, woo hoo!) working tomorrow morning (single time, booo!), off on Sunday and back to work on Monday morning (more double time!). I tend to not go for a ride on bank holiday weekends because everyone has the same idea and the local tracks can be annoyingly busy... so a bit of home DIY I guess :okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
On Saturday, i would have been out with mates riding our motorcycles down to a coast somewhere. Park up, talk shyte, eat fish & chips or some other takeaways. Repeat on Sunday and bank hol Monday.
But as i obviously cant do that, i ventured out shopping yesterday for the first time in weeks and bought a shed load of beer, wine & cider at Lidl. I'm going to get bladdered all weekend, talk shyte to mates on the phone and watch a lot Netflix.
Every cloud eh? :smile:

Top Bottom