What you having for Christmas dinner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Just ordered Turkey for me and my folks from Waitrose - click and collect on a day of your choice, which I think is handy.

Conventional turkey - basted with smoked bacon on top, none of the fancy 'porcini mushroom stuffing' ones that they're punting.

I'll also be getting a gammon and the usual veg and potatoes.

Will probably be the first Christmas that I'm in charge of cooking :hungry::surrender:

Ciar

Veteran
A turkey crown and a festive ham is our usual, mostly because i dislike turkey ;-)

vickster

Legendary Member
Christmas Eve - I think a casserole (brother and SiL then heading off to her family)
Christmas Day - Beef this year as only 3 of us (bought at Waitrose last Friday on half price beef day); smoked salmon in eve
Boxing Day - cold salmon and ham and salad (and the Xmas pud as we never manage it on Xmas day)

No turkey...I'll need to go find a turkey dinner out somewhere!

Last edited:
I don't like gravy and you won't really need it.....
I think you need a 24 hour ban from the thread for that.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nothing special
I would be happy enough treating it as just another day but there are people I want to be with who enjoy making special arrangements so I will go along with their choices as usual.

If left to my own devices, I would probably just make myself a big salad and have it with olives, feta or houmous, and pitta breads. Maybe I would treat myself to a bar of chocolate, but probably not. Drinks: a Yorkshire tea/Green tea mix (strength of the former with a hint of the flavour of the latter).

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Leaning toward gammon. It's tricky with just three of us this year. I'll be watching this thread for inspiration.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not sure this year. I might make myself a 'sunday' roast which is something I'll have any day of the week if I fancy one... or maybe a monumental full english. I might get invited somewhere but this year, i quite fancy not pulling a cracker or wearing a paper hat.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had works xmas dinner all the traditional bits and loads of it and followed by loads of xmas pudding , mince pie and a huge slice of victoria sponge and thats me stuffed for the afternoon .

And yes i even had sprouts :blush:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Christmas Day breakfast will be smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, accompanied by a cava (possibly the Waitrose Cava Brut Castillo Perelada).

For lunch we will be having various nibbles as a starter, accompanied by gin (I've got 16 bottles on the go at the moment - including a fabulous one from Orkney) . The main course of rib of beef will be accompanied by a 1997 Chateau Haut Brisson Saint-Emilion Grand Cru. I'm not sure what dessert will be just yet - but I've got a couple of bottles of dessert wine that could with it - including an El Grifo Georges Glas. For the cheese course I've got a bottle of Nelstrop's PX and a 30 year old Matusalem (a present from my mum). Mr R is sourcing some port as well.
Excellent to see that food gets a look in - well done! :thumbsup:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Probably a Curry, Maz is out at her Sons with the Grandkids so I get a day off from cooking (apart from the brekkie but that will just be Toast triangles with 'Philadelphia' and Smoked Salmon)

Top Bottom