What you having for Christmas dinner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Liver* and fava beans with a nice chianti, of course. :smile:

* I won't say whose.

Surprised no-one picked up the reference.

We're actually having turkey, roast potatoes, home-grown brussels, and a whole lot of other traditional stuff as a precursor to the most important part of the meal: the christmas pudding. A proper homemade traditional steamed christmas pudding, with custard or brandy butter.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Surprised no-one picked up the reference.

We're actually having turkey, roast potatoes, home-grown brussels, and a whole lot of other traditional stuff as a precursor to the most important part of the meal: the christmas pudding. A proper homemade traditional steamed christmas pudding, with custard or brandy butter.
You grow your own Brussel Sprouts :ohmy:, next you'll be saying that there is a Chestnut tree just down the road. :rolleyes:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not sure what the main meat will be.... sometimes duck, sometimes chicken. Then we will also have gammon, roast potatoes, roast veg (carrots, butternut squash, beetroot, peppers, parsnips), cranberry sauce, stuffing balls (made once we have made the cranberry sauce as some goes in the balls), pigs in blankets. No pudding or starter. We eat mid to late afternoon and then just snack on left overs if we feel like it later. All the family get involved in the peeling etc, it's part of the day. And we usually have a snowball to drink .... at the start of the day.... then the bottle sits unused after Christmas until I use it up in a recipe or so!

MikeG

Guru
You grow your own Brussel Sprouts :ohmy:, next you'll be saying that there is a Chestnut tree just down the road. :rolleyes:

Yeah, our brussels are great. We'll also be using our own potatoes...we've more than enough stored to see us through to the arrival of the first of next years crop. And yep, there are hundreds of chestnut trees within 5 minutes walk.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Just what we normally have on the day:
Sesame roast potatoes, carrots cooked in cider, mushroom and nut roast, "stuffing" made of cranberries, onion and breadcrumbs and a mushroom and port sauce. Wife and offspring will also have sprouts xx(
Vegetarian Christmas pudding.

Song thrush with a side of baby seal flipper

Drago

Legendary Member
The traditional turkey dinner (not really traditional, then idea was pinched from the Americans) at the Chain and Sprocket PH in the village. I can't cook, and it wouldn't be fair for Mrs D to miss half of her Christmas day through cooking, and its not that expensive.

Other advantages is the draught Guinness, and I won't be eating Turkey sandwiches until May.

Top Bottom