Whatcha got, hows it going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Not been out with wife on her new conversion for a week now.

I checked the battery and there is zero leakage drain with it holding 51volts since last use. There is no on/off switch just the software to control motor controller, good news

Reactions: gbb
I have a Powacycle Salisbury, which I have owned for about 7 years. Mrs Salad has a Powacycle Windsor which was bought at the same time.

We only use them for occasional trips to the local beach, except for one week in August each year when the folk festival is on locally, and car parking becomes impossible. In that week, the bikes get used a lot, ferrying us, our instruments and other assorted droppings to and fro the town. I would guess that their battery life is now down to about 15 miles, but then we are oompa loompas!

Levo-Lon

Guru
New levo carbon 2019 model. Mmmm nice.
Decided i can't wait any longer, sale at rutland, so thought yes i will Thankyou.

Just Awsome.. Its red apparently but it changes colour according to the light so im going with orangy redish :smile:
Ill get it mucky over the weekend :becool:

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
8 month old now and been faultless.
Few modifications, wheels, brake discs, bars ,continental race kings small crud catcher.
750 miles
Been some motor warranty claims with Levos but they sell 1000s so not overly concerned.
Warranty claims to Specialized seem to be excellent.

Fantastic bikes these. Do everything really well and worth the investment.

Raleigh Strada electric. Carbon forks, Di2, nexus 8 speed. I love it. Had an intermittent fault where it would just cut out but seems to have stopped. Maybe just a dirty sensor?

After riding it in the woods, really fancy a e-mtb, but will wait a year or two to see if I would really ride that much off road.

Still loving this bike. Its not the fastest but managed to get me home on a late night ride to London. Really cant fault it other than the steerer is cut very short.

Last edited:

179club

Regular
Hi gbb.
I have e-bike crossfire. 10000 miles plus. Yes, the cutouts a fecking continuous pain. Make sure to use WD 40 or similar on the motor connector. Cable tie tight when connectors are in place. The display unit connection needs to be kept dirt/dust free. Press reset button on battery after charging. I found battery ok but when gets to 20% it likes to go dead. Great brakes. Spokes do come lose way and snap easy. Stay on smooth roads. Hope this helps.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nothing. But from the strange questions Mrs D has been asking me of late, while trying to appear casual, and the fact that my wedding anniversary is ahoy, I suspect one might possibly be in my future.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
4000 miles just reached on my (what I assume is a 1st gen) Carerra Crossfirs e.
Everything still works, no disasters, minor problems included...
BB got a bit crunchy, I did a post on stripping, cleaning and regreasing the bearings, no problems since.
RD alignment came into question, I suspect my son clattered it sometime, manually re-aligned the hanger almost perfect since.
Battery cutouts were a thorn that kept recurring, solved (ish) by taping the battery to the holder while on the bike. Almost entirely solved the problem .
The all important battery condition...i sense it wouldnt do the original mileage now, capacity has almost certainly dropped off, but nothing concerning.

Wheels / hubs, still perfect. Still on the original brakes / pads.

It doesn't feel like a new bike anymore, its slightly rattler than when new but everything still good.

Top Bottom