What's been your best ever practical joke?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict
XmisterIS said:
Lol!

Here's a fun little prank I came up with to play on the unsuspecting windows XP user who's left their PC unattended.

1) Press CTRL + SHIFT + PrtScn (little button beside F12).

2) Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint.

3) In paint, press CTRL + V.

4) Then go File -> Set as backgroun (tiled).

5) Close Paint (click "no" to "save this file?").

6) Minimise all open windows.

7) Right click on the taskbar (blue, bottom of screen), then click properties -> Auto-hide the taskbar -> OK.

Sit back and watch ... :evil:

You forgot to remove the shortcuts from the desktop :biggrin:

rusky

CC Addict
Once stuck a charged electrolytic cap - a big bugger too - into a colleague's coat pocket. Apparently, he needed a cigarette in the car on his way home & the cap discharged into his finger! He didn't crash the car but it was a close one:wacko: We thought he would light one up as soon as he got to the car park.

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
rusky said:
You forgot to remove the shortcuts from the desktop :evil:

Yes, I missed that step out! I did that little wheeze to one of my mates where I used to work, had him going for about 15 mins - after the 10th ctrl-alt-delete and reboot he was close to smashing the PC ... so he stormed out of the office down to the IT support guys - during which time I restored his PC to normal. :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Sometimes the simplest (and most peurile) are the best...

Entrance to the canteen (its going to see loads of people coming in)...place a plastic dog poo on the floor just inside the door.

Oh their faces as they come in the door....people desperately lifting their feet to avoid it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It gives a table full of engineers countless enjoyment ;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Stuck a £1 coin using superglue onto the wooden flooring in the halls of residence canteen right where everybody queues for dinner. Managed to get into dinner first and spent the next half hour with my mates watching people try to pick it up, etc. Then along came this girl I really liked (she had seen me briefly but dumped me within a couple of days), who looked at the coin, looked around her, thought no one had seen it and surreptitiously put her foot over the coin. She then bent down to pick it up and realised it was stuck to the floor. My mates couldn't keep a straight face and she went the deepest colour of beetroot red possible. By then the whole of the dining hall was in on it. I feigned disinterest and looked anywhere than at her whilst eating my lunch. My card was marked though - she never did talk to me again after that.

So Alison, if you're reading, I am truly sorry. But revenge as they say...............

Scratch

Über Member
All at Uni,

Hid my mates phone in his printer, que him ringing it repeatedly and dismantling his room/furniture to try and find it.

Took another mates bed and replaced it with cardboard boxes and wine bottles propping up his mattess at the same height. Unfortunately my plan of an hilarious collapse was foiled when he tried to find his tennis racket under the bed because he faincied a late night game of tennis in the dark!

I also turned someones old fashioned CRT upside down and then switched the display 180 degrees in the display settings so it still looked the same on the screen.

Oh and the same guy never, I mean never cleaned his room. One day his bin fell over and the contents spilled on the floor including a chinese restaurant menu. I glued the menu to the floor where it had fell, he didn't notice for two weeks! We really lived like pigs when I look back now...

Less of a practical joke, more of a wind-up - telling my pals that London Underground was nifested with blind, albino ponies, and that was why the service was so rubbish - all those trains hitting all those ponies, oh the mess.

Telling an Italian girlfriend that Irish monks had not only re-intriduced Christianity to Europe after the Dark Ages, but also brought coffee with them.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not me, but I heard tell of a guy at college who, being immensely anal, was plagued by people breaking into his room and messing it up. Finally cracked and hired a firm at great expense to install a security door. Returned after a weekend away to discover his room immaculate - exactly as he'd left it. The door was missing, mind...

montage

God Almighty
Hmmm hard one, can't remember most.
It was only today I went into a mates locker, covered every book in clingfilm. Even took out all the pencils in the pencil case and covered them before returning it all. That was ok...a bit amatur though.

There was also the time when I was on a military camp in Dartmoor (Oakhampton) and just after the kit checks and before we went into Dartmoor, I poured out the contents of the Cadet Warrent Officer's bergen (rucksack) and filled it with the contents from the rubbish bin. I heard the scream from the other side of Dartmoor 3 hours later

montage

God Almighty
Superglueing coins to the floor is always a good laugh...

...as is supergluing lockers shut and putting wet soil and plant seeds in for the duration of the holiday..oh and sticking a 2nd mouse into somebody's computer...que alot of wierd facial expressions

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Today at work one of the lads was perving over some girls in our restaurant, thinking he hadnt been seen by them. I rolled up a bin bag, walked up behind him and whipped his bottom as hard as I could. :becool:

He let out a girly squeel and the girls fell about laughing. :smile: Busted!

gbb said:
Sometimes the simplest (and most peurile) are the best...

Entrance to the canteen (its going to see loads of people coming in)...place a plastic dog poo on the floor just inside the door.

Oh their faces as they come in the door....people desperately lifting their feet to avoid it :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

It gives a table full of engineers countless enjoyment :becool:

Variations on "Knock down ginger" -

1. Place some dog poo in a paper bag, place on door step and light. Now knock and run away.Automatic response when the occupant comes out is to stamp on the bag

2. Use fishing line and a terrace of houses - you can knock on anything up to fifteen or twenty houses!

T'other very clever one was on parade with the Navy. The Senior Rating usually goes round and checks all the uniforms, makes adjustments before you go out as a division.

One guy had a small piece of white thread on the sleeve of his jacket. When it was brushed, it stayed put, so the SR then pulled it, the thread got longer, and longer, at three feet he realised it was a windup, much to our amusement!

The guy had placed a length of thread inside his jacket and then using a needle had pulled the end through, leaving the length to be pulled through

montage

God Almighty
Cunobelin said:
T'other very clever one was on parade with the Navy. The Senior Rating usually goes round and checks all the uniforms, makes adjustments before you go out as a division.

One guy had a small piece of white thread on the sleeve of his jacket. When it was brushed, it stayed put, so the SR then pulled it, the thread got longer, and longer, at three feet he realised it was a windup, much to our amusement!

The guy had placed a length of thread inside his jacket and then using a needle had pulled the end through, leaving the length to be pulled through

loooove it

Top Bottom