What's been your best ever practical joke?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mad Doug Biker said:
Doing things and then blaming the dogs.

I do that. "The dog hasn't done the washing up", "the dog forgot to hang the laundry out", "the dog crapped on the carpet", that sort of thing. Might work better if we had a dog.:evil:

BigSid

Guru
My mate's aunt was always just "popping round to her neighbour" and leaving the back door unlocked. Despite us 14 year olds going round after school and waiting 20-30 minutes for her to re-appear, she insisted she'd only been gone for five minutes. So one day when we went round we swapped the ALL the furniture in the front lounge and back lounge and then left. She never left the door unlocked after that.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Rhythm Thief said:
I do that. "The dog hasn't done the washing up", "the dog forgot to hang the laundry out", "the dog crapped on the carpet", that sort of thing. Might work better if we had a dog.:smile:

That was going quite well up to 'the dog crapped on the carpet' bit.
Are you sure you can't make it to the toilet? :tongue:

One of the Physics teachers at school, for reasons best known to himself, kept a huge capacitor on his desk. This had the 2 terminals at the top and was a bit larger than a tin can. One day someone spotted that if it was left in the middle of the desk at the start of a class he would just pick it up and move it to one end. He always picked it up with his hand over the top.

One day we charged it up and left it in the middle of the desk ... cue sparks and swearing when he picked it up.

The next time it was left in the middle of the desk, he used a couple of long wooden rulers to move it. Who says teachers never learn.

BigSid

Guru
Another one at school was taking the drawers out of the teacher's desk, turning the desk upside down, re-inserting drawers and turn the desk the right way up. Only did it once, didn't get caught and the teacher did take it well.:tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not exactly a practical joke... more concentrated abuse of a teacher on the verge of a nervous breakdown (I'm not proud of it now, but it was hilarious at the time...) we were all about 13 or 14... Mr Whateverhisnamewas was quite ineffectual in class control... he left the room for a minute (possibly to go for a wee/have a shot of whiskey...whatever...either was possible...) we armed ourselves with paper balls, ink pellets, rulers, etc, and as he walked back in, 30+ kids threw stuff at him :biggrin::tongue::smile::blush: I think he left the school in the end, poor fella...

Greedo

I've got sooo many I can't remember half of them. I used to be a printer though so had access to loads of letterheads for numerous companies. Especially Solicitors and used to write to people with all sorts of stuff. For everyone who see's through it there are always many others who fall for it.

But giving frights is my favourite. Used to work in John Menzies and jumping out on people in the stock room was a favourite.

When I was about 16 we all went berry picking to Blairgowrie and stayed in a caravan. One night we were down by a lake with a big fire roaring and drinking and getting stoned. Mate decided he had enough and headed back to the caravan. I ran round another way as I had spotted this cupboard in the caravan and hid before he got back. Sat in the cupboard giggling to myself for a good 5 mins while he was pottering about stoned talking to himself and trying to make something to eat. I lept out on him and to this day have never seen someone freeze to a spot with fear so much and scream with fear without making a noise he was so scared.

simonali

Guru
When I was at school there was a little old dear who used to drive the mobile library there and she always parked it in the playground. One day we left one of those rubber vomits on the drivers seat while she was inside. She came back out a bit later, let out a disgusted cry and ran back inside. She then came back out, headmistress in tow, to find nothing there!

Once worked with a messy bugger who never put his tools away after work. When he went on holiday we picked them all up, applied a liberal coating of Araldite and placed them back where they were on his bench. This included his beloved Arsenal mug that still had some tea in the bottom. After his 2 week hols they were well and truly stuck and he broke the mug in half trying to remove it!

simonali

Guru
Fnaar said:
Not exactly a practical joke... more concentrated abuse of a teacher on the verge of a nervous breakdown (I'm not proud of it now, but it was hilarious at the time...) we were all about 13 or 14... Mr Whateverhisnamewas was quite ineffectual in class control... he left the room for a minute (possibly to go for a wee/have a shot of whiskey...whatever...either was possible...) we armed ourselves with paper balls, ink pellets, rulers, etc, and as he walked back in, 30+ kids threw stuff at him :biggrin::eek::tongue::blush: I think he left the school in the end, poor fella...

Lucky he never caved your head in with a dumb bell!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
simonali said:
Lucky he never caved your head in with a dumb bell!

Yes, I read about that... having been an educator* for the last 24 yrs or so, I can now sympathise with the poor f*cker... but I also know that I'm good at what I do and would never let it get to me like that... :eek:

*(various things... teaching kids, adults, schools, colleges, universities, language, psychology, sign language, etc)

Brains

Legendary Member
My father and stepfater's big practical joke, which they still tell with great mirth some 70 years after the event was to realise that cordite and coal look very similar when placed in a coal scuttle at boarding school.

First the room turns green, followed by more smoke than the chimney can handle, and then a big BANG!!!

They mixed the cordite with the coal bunker so the results were random and went on for most of the winter. They were never caught, only because after the first explosion (which they knew was about to happen after the room tuned green) they were seen as early "victims"

The story gets better and the explosions larger with each telling.

Top Bottom