What's everyone riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Disgruntled Goat said:
Interesting to see that the more 'vocal' members of the board (simoncc, bonj etc) aren't giving details.

Do you guys ride bikes in any meaningful way or do you just come on here to spout guff?

Mine:
1997 Spesh Rockhopper Pro
Spesh Tricross S-Works
Santa Cruz Roadster
1985 Alan Leggero

Whatever happened to the Disgruntled Goat (nice avatar) - certainly had a couple of people weighed up a while back! ;)

GrasB

Veteran
What do I ride? Well:
'03 Marin Mill Valley w/Campagnolo Veloce groupset
'07 Specialized Hardrock fixie (though I can change it to a geared MTB quickly enough)
Reynolds 531 framed, 650C wheeled, fixie road bike of unknown origin.
Finally being built is an Unbranded carbon frame w/Shimano 105 groupset

stephengrellier

I currently ride a Carrera subway 8. Its a hybrid. I would love to be able to afford a decent road bike though. Anyone got any suggestions for a good buy under £600? Or is this just wishful thinking? ;)

jimboalee

stephengrellier said:
I currently ride a Carrera subway 8. Its a hybrid. I would love to be able to afford a decent road bike though. Anyone got any suggestions for a good buy under £600? Or is this just wishful thinking? :biggrin:

I had a Subway 8 once, it was stolen.

I changed the stem, bars, saddle, tyres and put bar-ends on it. I changed the sprocket to one with two more teeth, thus lowering the gearing.

I got the riding position similar to my road bikes, and gearing to suit it's weight.

Though quite heavy, I rode a DIY 100 Audax on it.

Norm

stephengrellier said:
I currently ride a Carrera subway 8. Its a hybrid. I would love to be able to afford a decent road bike though. Anyone got any suggestions for a good buy under £600? Or is this just wishful thinking? :smile:
Do you mean a road bike with drops or another road bike with flats?

If the former, I reckon the Giant Defy 3 is a fab bike for just over your budget, or the Defy 3.5 available most places for £525 will leave you some £££s to get lights, lock etc.

That said, I'm picking up a Spesh Secteur tomorrow morning. Few quid more than the Defy 3 but, like me, designed for comfort, not speed. :o)

I think that you can get into the Boardman range at that price as well. Decent bikes, just be wary of the set up from some of the poorer Halfords shops.

fungus

Veteran
Giant TCR 2 with shimano ultegra triple & mavic ksyrium ssc sl wheels which makes a great all rounder for racing & audax rides + a new Giant Defy 4 to be used as a winter/audax bike. My brother has a Giant mountain bike of some description which comes out occaisonally when doing rides on mixed terrain.

2009 Focus Cayo Pro = Sunny weather weekend warrior machine

2010 Specialized Langster Steel = Fine weather commuter / full time sweat machine

2011 Focus Mare AX 1.0 = Bad weather commuter / part time go anywhere machine

Top Bottom