What's everyone riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
These... Frank Herety SLX with full Dura Ace

PICT2805.jpg

And the commuter - DEORE LX components

After.jpg

Plus a 653/Ultegra Ribble - the Green one on the wall in the lower photo

stevenb

I just ordered a Felt F75 today and also ordered Ultegra pedals to accompany it.

I also own a Trek 6500 with uprated Kore Elite H/Bars and a Sidi Race fork and a SRAM powerlink chain.

alfablue

I'm riding a Dawes Audax (Reynolds 531c version) for day rides, and a Rock Lobster Team Titanium MTB, "commuterised" with rigid forks, rack and mudguards for commuting and touring.

Abitrary

Krypton said:
Does flat-bar road count? If so, mines a Specialized Sirrus Elite 2006 with s-works carbon seat post and Fizik Aliante saddle upgrade.

If I came into some money I'd love a Specialized Roubaix S-Works :biggrin:

Go for a flat bar. If you get backache, then put bar-ends on.

If you still get backache, get a dropbar bike.

If that doesn't solve the backache, try wider handlebars and a steeper rise stem.

If the backache goes further down, consider getting an MTB

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Disgruntled Goat said:
Interesting to see that the more 'vocal' members of the board (simoncc, bonj etc) aren't giving details.

Do you guys ride bikes in any meaningful way or do you just come on here to spout guff?

After 3 months and still no appearance/response/interest from the gruesome twosome I believe we can deduce the latter ;);)

bonj2

Gary Askwith said:
After 3 months and still no appearance/response/interest from the gruesome twosome I believe we can deduce the latter ;);)

possibly because neither of us are into 'road/audax/sportives' so never go on this particular section of the forum? :smile:

Blonde

I'm riding...nothing today because my left crank came loose yesterday, on fixed, pulling the rear wheel forwards in the track ends and nearly causing the chain to unship. Crank is evidently bugger internally so I cant ride my fixie till I've got a new crank (in 165mm - one on order now). I tried to come into work this a.m. on my other bike but the loved one had tinkered with the bar - raising the stem without realising that there isn't enough brake and gear cable to do this - result was got on bike, thought cables looked a bit tight, first time I brakes the loose handle bar suddenly dropped round in the stem as I hurtled towards the main road down hill, instinctively but uselessly trying to 'leg brake' (on a free hub). Not good, but managed not to freak out totally and brought bike to stand still within a few cm of the junction. The outer right/front brake cable has pulled completely out of the adjusters/cable stops so there's absolutely no way I can get to work on this bike unless I either put the stem down again or get the bike re-cabled. Arse. Came to work in the car as by the time I'd back-tracked up the hill to the house I didn't have time to do anything else but get in the car. Grrrrrr! Hrmph! :- (

Airborne Zeppelin. I got the Titanium frame notionally second hand - a bike had been built up, but the order had been cancelled and the bike dissembled. Peter Barclay at Stuart Barclay (top notch LBS in Oswestry) gave excellent advice on what was needed to build it, got the stuff in and built it.

The main quality is the incredible supple ride. The frame is softer than the Giant TCR that I borrowed from Stuart, but it is not tiring on a long run or on rough surfaces.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ribble winter bike with Sora and my 531 flat bar tourer, depending. That's had a somewhat chameleonic existence with varying shapes of bars and gearing ranging from 1 to 21 speed. Currently on a 50/34 compact with 12-32 (!) cassette, Bontrager select wheels and MTB riser bar. Bit of a bitsa, to say the least.

rjeffroy

Mostly riding my commuter at the moment:
1428122975_eb4f3b4121_m-jpg.156873.jpg

New race bike, now retired until next season:
1433995919_d28c192d64_m-jpg.156874.jpg

Old race bike, I was supposed to sell this but it is now a weekend trainer, probably also use it for the Hillingdon winter series:
1173970238_4bbdb7ba19_m-jpg.156875.jpg

Just completed my first bike build, not sure how I'll end up using this:
1459166288_e56e08c12b_m-jpg.156876.jpg

'Race' - Litespeed Vortex
Cyclosprotives - Airborne Zeppelin
'Training' - Jamis Eclipse 853
Audax - Jamis Quest 631
Winter - Orbit Helium
TT - Quintana Roo
CycleCamping - Spesh Rockhopper(steel)
MTB - Sunn XCircuit (not used very much !)
Commuter - Halfords Subway 8 (I doa 25 mile round trip commute most daze)

Well - lets face it - you can't have too many bikes can you ? (altho the misses would disagree !)

Oh - and i have big garage ! (with some of my wifes bikes too !)

And a finme collection of Les Pauls & Strats !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My oldest and dearest bike is my battered an d beaten circa 1949 Holdsworth fixed (on the Turbo awaiting a new fork).
Commuting hack is an early 1980's Evans/Saracen and early Brit MTB made from 531 MTB tubing.
There's also a BE Touristic 531st Tourer rebuild project...

But mostly I ride this, Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall:

Top Bottom