What's everyone riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My oldest and dearest bike is my battered an d beaten circa 1949 Holdsworth fixed (on the Turbo awaiting a new fork).
Commuting hack is an early 1980's Evans/Saracen and early Brit MTB made from 531 MTB tubing.
There's also a BE Touristic 531st Tourer rebuild project...

But mostly I ride this, Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall:

Am I the only person on this forum without a roadbike?

My best bike; Rocky Mountain Vertex Team Scandium, Race face cranks, SID World Cup forks, X.0 rear mech, Mavic XMax wheels, Easton carbon post and bar, Avid Ultimate brakes and levers.

My other best bike; 1996 Schwinn Black Phantom with Profile Imperial chain-ring and Dyno Flame tyres.

My daily driver; Giant LaFree eletrickery bike with skinny slicks, smaller sprocket and front basket. Wooooooooshhhhh.

And; Brompton L3, whereabouts unknown since my mate came off it in London and put himself in a coma. Twat.

Trying to wangle a Kona Smoke out of Paligap too.

col

Legendary Member
I used to have a mountain bike,a long time ago,i put slicks and drops on it,it was the the most comfortable bike iv ridden.Alas it went long ago.Iv been tempted to put drops on my present bike,but am enjoying the flats with bar ends at the mo.

yenrod

Ive a black raleigh: crank - a bit like the old athena type, tektro brakes, basic mavic wheels, itm h.bar stuff and sti's tiagra gears 9sp.

Though looking to shift the frame as I just dont reckon it fits me!

Addybobble

Hi. I use 2 bikes on a daily basis. Roadie for dry weather. MTB for wet weather and pootling around with my wife and kids on the weekends. I do over 100 miles a week instead of using London tube. I spend the tube money on the bikes. Money well spent.

2005 litespeed tachyon (titanium) converted to drops (fsa carbon k-wing). Chris king ti headset. ksyrium sl wheels. triple ultegra sti's. dura ace brakes. selle carbonio slk seat with ti rails. giant aero carbon seatpost. lupine wilma lights (for winter and commuting). I use mavic open pro's for commuting with a powertap hub.

2007 specialized rockhopper pro disc. Hope mini brakes. crossmax sl ust wheels with scwalbe nobby nic tyres (I put tubes in, btw). post moderne bracer seatpost (softens the tail). lupine edison 10 lights.

on one pompino, miche hubs and chainset, lo pro bars for comfort, 47x 20 gear.
got a centaur equipped roberts touring bike that sadly has only done 30 miles in the last year.
fixed is too addictive!

Renard

I wonder if anyone has changed their steeds since they forst posted?

ATM I ride a Principia RSL with Ultegra/Dura Ace gruppo and Ksyrium elite wheelset.

In the winter/wet days I ride a Norco CRD3 roadbike with various upgrades (bit of a mix and match groupset).

Mountain bike is a Trek 6500 with Reba SL forks.

aka0019

I've got a Specialized Allez Elite '09 for the better weather and a Joe Waugh for bad days, not sure of the frame but it feels more comfortable than the Specialized although a bit heavier!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My main audax and touring bikes - a bespoke Ti Omega with mostly Campag; A fixed 40yr old Holdsworth with Dave Marsh forks.
Road - a 1980s Gazelle special show model with mostly Campag.
TT - a Lemond something or other with Shimano.
Utility - an Airnimal Joey.
Off-road/Utility/Hack - ancient Dawes mtb.
Plus various frames and bits awaiting attention.

bonk man

Magura mountain bike..
Moulton Standard [ 1964 ] stripped down for action:biggrin:
Van Nicholas Amazon for club rides and audax
Holdsworth 531cs hack
Mike Morris lowpro fixed tt
TCR for sportives
An ancient Raleigh atb round town and towing a trailer to annoy the local motorists..
and a Hercules 3 speed when I really am not in a hurry:smile:

jimboalee

P190708_1829.jpg

You can't beat it. Carries beer and curry home from the village.

Top Bottom