What's going on with my bread maker?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I haven't bought supermarket bread for about a year now, ever since buying a bread maker (Panasonic SD2500).
The bread has always been good; nice and light texture with good flavour, until now.
The last two loaves have been different; as in stodgey, and look as if they haven't risen properly.
I haven't done anything different! I am using the same brand of flour, and following the recipe to the letter. So what has happened?
Try adding half a Vitamin C tablet crushed up to powder in the mix- helps the dough to rise evenly..

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I tend to use the yeast in individual sachets. The sort in a big pack goes off before I can use it all.
Me being such a nobber was wondering why my local shop stopped selling yeast by the tin, and started selling the more expensive sachets. A scam, I thought.
I bought some sachets then opened them all and poured them into my old yeast tin. Didn't realise it would go off! :wacko:

Brains

Legendary Member
I haven't bought supermarket bread for about a year now, ever since buying a bread maker (Panasonic SD2500).
The bread has always been good; nice and light texture with good flavour, until now.
The last two loaves have been different; as in stodgey, and look as if they haven't risen properly.
I haven't done anything different! I am using the same brand of flour, and following the recipe to the letter. So what has happened?

You need to upgrade to the Panasonic Turbo version, it's the best thing since sliced bread

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That is not in the yeast bit funny :blush:.
Oh for Crust's sake leave out the puns.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My bread from the bread maker always seems " heavy " Its very nice for tearing lumps off and dunking in stew and soup mmmmmmmmmm but not really for sarnies .
Can you post up your recipe please ? Im gonna make bread and stew today now !!!!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Top Bottom