What's going on with my bread maker?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I haven't bought supermarket bread for about a year now, ever since buying a bread maker (Panasonic SD2500).
The bread has always been good; nice and light texture with good flavour, until now.
The last two loaves have been different; as in stodgey, and look as if they haven't risen properly.
I haven't done anything different! I am using the same brand of flour, and following the recipe to the letter. So what has happened?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Your bread maker has reached the stage in its life where it's having a mid-loaf crisis :thumbsup:.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Strange to have such a sudden change, but I'd agree that new yeast would be the first thing to try.

Tho' if I dare ask an apparently dumb question, have you tried turning it off (at the mains) and turning it on again? Worth trying this with just about anything electrical these days - they all have chips in, which can get scrambled like any other computer brain.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'd say yeast first but I wonder if the bread maker is failing? (perhaps not powering properly)

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Strange to have such a sudden change, but I'd agree that new yeast would be the first thing to try.

Tho' if I dare ask an apparently dumb question, have you tried turning it off (at the mains) and turning it on again? Worth trying this with just about anything electrical these days - they all have chips in, which can get scrambled like any other computer brain.
It gets unplugged and put away after every use (takes up too much counter space!).

Top Bottom