What's going on with my bread maker?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Miss Goodbody up the road reckons if she gives her baps a good kneading in the preparation stage, the result is a tremendous rise!

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3377629, member: 259"]Top tip - using the water from boiling spuds makes for a tastier and better-textured bread machine loaf. Alas, we never use ours now, as my wife has become a rabid sourdough convert and won't countenance one of the things.[/QUOTE]

i've just started sourdough making... flour, water salt nothing else, tastes fantastic!

My wife may conclude that my yeast has gone off from this thread.

I love our bread maker. We make pizza bases with it most Saturday evenings and have great home made pizzas with all sorts of toppings - mostly involving our home grown chillis- and a bottle of wine. Not forgetting the spare one to eat cold as snacks too.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Can you post up your recipe please ? Im gonna make bread and stew today now !!!!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry:
For normal bread, I just use the recipe out of the book that came with the machine:
400 gms strong flour.
0.75 teaspoon yeast.
1 teaspoon sugar.
1 teaspoon salt.
15 gms butter.
280 ml water.
Fling all the above into machine, select menu number 1, press start and wait 4 hours (or set timer for whenever you want bread to be ready).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My sister makes bread. It's very "wholesome" but you tend to develop a Desperate Dan jaw after chomping through a couple of slices. It's a positively aerobic workout.
Does anybody make baguettes like the light airy ones you get in France?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
For normal bread, I just use the recipe out of the book that came with the machine:
400 gms strong flour.
0.75 teaspoon yeast.
1 teaspoon sugar.
1 teaspoon salt.
15 gms butter.
280 ml water.
Fling all the above into machine, select menu number 1, press start and wait 4 hours (or set timer for whenever you want bread to be ready).

Thanks . My book has skimmed milk powder and oil but no butter . The rest is the same .
I will give yours a go :thumbsup:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Heat the tin by rinsing it with boiling water before putting in the ingredients, and microwave the water for 45 seconds - makes all the difference.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Does anybody make baguettes like the light airy ones you get in France?
Not quite baguettes, but I have used the "french bread" recipe in my bread maker. The bread is delicious, but like proper baguettes bought in France, it has a very short shelf life. As in eat the same day, and living on my own that is just greed - but I manage! I did try freezing half a loaf, but it's just not the same.

Recipe for the french option @Cuchilo :
400 gms strong flour.
1 teaspoon yeast.
1 teaspoon salt.
15 gms butter.
300 ml water.
Note there is no sugar, and it takes 6 hours in the breadmaker. Results are worth the wait though :hungry:.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Where the famous quote was once regularly spoken.
Couple coming out of the court. He says 'never mind when the divorce is final, we'll still be brother and sister'
Says the man from INVERCLYDE! :ohmy:
At least we stick to partners with only two legs :thumbsup:.
PS... Dunno why I'm sticking up for Ayrshire since I am after all, a Brandane (native of the Isle of Bute). I just live here to save on ferry fares. :smile:

Top Bottom