What's going on with the cricket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I reckon that he is both narcissistic and a bit thick. Ideal autobiography material.
He's never made friends anywhere he's been, he just doesnt seem to fit in with others. The only person who likes him is Piers Morgan FFS.
I know who i would prefer to go for a beer with between KP and Prior.

KP was on TV this morning getting his revenge in. I think he made an allusion between the feeling of being bullied being something akin to losing your phone or wallet. I switched the tv off at that point and took a reluctant dog out in the rain. He probably wouldn't have minded watching the rest of the interview.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
KP was on TV this morning getting his revenge .[/QUOTE

Getting his revenge in before the others. KP is not a team player, he was disruptive in the dressing room and he did not fit in. He can not take this, and the decision to drop him from the test team hurt him, obviously, but I think the test team will be better off without him.

Paulus

K P was getting his revenge in before the others had a chance to tell their story. He was disruptive in the dressing room and not a team player. Getting dropped from the test team obviously hurt him as he didn't see it coming, but I think the test team will be better off without him. He was on some days a good batsman. On others he would go for big shots without considering what the team needed, and then get out cheaply.

AndyRM

XOXO
KP was undoubtedly the most talented chap I've seen batter a cricket ball around for The United States of England, but it cannot be denied that he was a fragile egotist, and much of the book is basically a rant against everyone who wronged him.

I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that some of the grubbier goings on (other than match fixing) are being exposed like this. I've always thought the tales of bad behaviour and fallings out had a bit of a mythical status in cricket, compared to other sports.

Paulus

How many times was he a great batsman when it really counted, as opposed to being icing on cake?

There are times when even a supposed great batsman needs to dig in and stay at the crease. KP didn't know when to do this.

AndyRM

XOXO
There are times when even a supposed great batsman needs to dig in and stay at the crease. KP didn't know when to do this.

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. Towards the end of his career he was certainly guilty of chucking it occasionally, but he played several innings with massive scores for the team.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I always thought he came across as a typical saffer - a big head and a boor. Like an Aussie without the humility.

Top Bottom