What's going on with the cricket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
You've found an Australian sportsman with humility?!
I was thinking that!

It's worth saying, perhaps, that the times KP's score was "needed" were generally times when the rest of the order had been skittled out ignominiously.

At this point, it seems a bit academic though, as the test team is starting to look quite exciting as a prospect for the future, imo.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was thinking that!

It's worth saying, perhaps, that the times KP's score was "needed" were generally times when the rest of the order had been skittled out ignominiously.

At this point, it seems a bit academic though, as the test team is starting to look quite exciting as a prospect for the future, imo.

Agreed on both your points.

Particularly on the second. After a dark 18 months or so, positives are starting to show again, and it's a bit of a shame they're being over shadowed by book promoting interviews.

It's funny that the successes of England over the last decade and a bit seem almost forgotten by the media and some fans, who seem to want to focus more on KP than anything else. Does nobody remember the 90s? I'm fortunate in that I'm young enough not to remember the 80s. Or half the 70s.

green1

Über Member
There is potential in the team. It will never be realised with a captain who is as tactically naive as cook is. Last decent captain we had was Vaughan, both tactically and as a man manager.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There is potential in the team. It will never be realised with a captain who is as tactically naive as cook is. Last decent captain we had was Vaughan, both tactically and as a man manager.
It's not just that he's tactically naive, he can't seem to stay in. As an opening batsman, it's his job to stick around for a bit, get a few on the board, soak up some bowling till they start to flag, put the rest of the team in a positive frame of mind. But he keeps getting out for 17, putting our batting on the back foot almost from the start.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A long ride in from Ringwood
Yes, my current round-trip commute is about 26.5km to work and 28km to home.

hoopdriver

Guru
Many years ago - geez, early 1990s - I used to ride in from Elsternwick. I don't know what it's like now, but back then Melbourne was a surprisingly nice city to cycle in. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to have a time machine and go back...

green1

Über Member
It's not just that he's tactically naive, he can't seem to stay in. As an opening batsman, it's his job to stick around for a bit, get a few on the board, soak up some bowling till they start to flag, put the rest of the team in a positive frame of mind. But he keeps getting out for 17, putting our batting on the back foot almost from the start.
There ain't been many successful opening bat captains. He should be relieved of the captaincy so he can concentrate on what he does best.

Top Bottom