Whats happened to RIBBLE ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Worse now in UK...

Yes, worse for UK customers, although I doubt Bianchi's world revolves around the UK market. If by selling directly to customers Bianchi manage to cut costs a bit and keep a price fairly competitive for the other EU countries, that's a win for them. Assuming they even care about keeping the price competitive, giving the power of their brand.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, worse for UK customers, although I doubt Bianchi's world revolves around the UK market. If by selling directly to customers Bianchi manage to cut costs a bit and keep a price fairly competitive for the other EU countries, that's a win for them. Assuming they even care about keeping the price competitive, giving the power of their brand.
I was responding to your mention of Canyon

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I prefer to deal with people who are focused on making a good product rather than those focused on just making money.

freiston

Veteran
I checked my email archive and the last time I bought anything from Ribble was 2014 - a lamp bracket and a helmet mirror - neither of which are still in use. I'm still on their emailing list and I've just taken a look at their website and I have to say I find them very "uninspiring" (if that's the right word for it). I'm not in the market for a new bike, or much else for that matter but their wares don't do it for me, if that makes sense and I struggled to find anything "interesting" and there wasn't much there to search through. To put it into perspective, if I go "window-shopping" at Spa or SJS websites, I get carried away, pass a lot more than a few minutes and start wanting to buy stuff. I realise that I'm probably not the typical punter for Ribble but nonetheless . . .

freiston

Veteran
coincidentally 2 of the ugliest, oldest looking, least usable websites out there
Not to me. I find them easy to use and navigate. The Ribble site has 10 items on the menu ribbon - six of them being categories of bike and one of them being just "bikes". Framesets and components are found under the "Accessories" item. The remaining two items are "My Ribble" and "Availability".

Top Bottom