what's in a name?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
morning CC'ers :hello:
i'm not sure how many of you do this but i quite like to give my transport a name. my car is 'gizmo', my giant cityspeed is 'sissy' but i'm a bit stuck with what to christen my new bike. it's a giant tcr - i'm thinking of calling it 'tracy' because every kevin should have a tracy, right? :rolleyes:

Maylian

Veteran
I've thought about asking this same questions a few times but never got around to it. I name my bikes, both of which are named in my signature.
My Cube is called "Ice" - mainly because my bike is black (BlackIce), it's a cube (IceCube) and it's cool......sad I know.
My Specialized was called "Dice" - it was black and white.
My Giant is called "Alan" - mainly because I have had two incidents where I hadn't done the allan key up tight enough almost causing me issues.

swampyseifer

I cant name my bike...I feel bad enough that I leave it locked up in a dusty dark communal bike-shed for weeks on end.....if I gave it a personality then I dont think I could handle the looks it would give me when I finally do get round to take it for a spin :sad:

RaRa

All my bikes have been given names (I'm hooked on this n+1 concept!), brownie points if you can figure out where they've been taken from :whistle:

Commuter hybrid - George
MTB - Gerard
Road Bike - James
Winter/Audax bike (currently being built from parts) will be christened Ryan

I especially like heading out and yelling back at the hubby that I'm going for a ride on James - makes the neighbours curtains twitch :laugh:

Maylian

Veteran
All my bikes have been given names (I'm hooked on this n+1 concept!), brownie points if you can figure out where they've been taken from :whistle:

Commuter hybrid - George Dawes?
MTB - Gerard Butler - Claude Butler?
Road Bike - James not sure....
Winter/Audax bike (currently being built from parts) will be christened Ryan Reynolds?

I especially like heading out and yelling back at the hubby that I'm going for a ride on James - makes the neighbours curtains twitch :laugh:

RaRa

And here's me thinking I was being all cryptic in my name choices - You got 2 right ^_^

The MTB is indeed Gerard Butler
And the Winter bike is a Ribble so it had to be Ryan "the ribble " Reyolds (and i'd just seen the green lantern)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have Granville, a slightly hard done by Hungarian folding shopping bike of dubious parentage; and Tiddles, a tiddler of a bike (Brompton) in comparison with Granville.

I also have Ratrike, an ex-KMX that was rebuilt with scrap and rubbish, and Emilie the Emmelle hybrid.

The other day I decided that I should really get round to naming my Kona seeing as I'd had it nearly two years now so I named it Old Faithful. The next day some silly sausage pulled out of a side road right in front of me & Old Faithful is now no more.

I still haven't named my Mountain Bike yet & will soon have a new Road Bike to name as well.

Maylian

Veteran
The other day I decided that I should really get round to naming my Kona seeing as I'd had it nearly two years now so I named it Old Faithful. The next day some silly sausage pulled out of a side road right in front of me & Old Faithful is now no more.

I still haven't named my Mountain Bike yet & will soon have a new Road Bike to name as well.

Wow that is ironic....like naming a cat "lucky".
My brother named one of his fixies "Falcor" (dragon from never ending story) people became more attached to Falcor than my brother. Although that's more an indictment on my brother than praise for the bike....it was a nice bike though (I miss it)!

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I've got a an old Scott hybrid town bike for knocking about on and I've managed to alter the logo writing so that it spells "SLUT". As such that is now it's name but only because I could make it look like it said that and not for any reasons about it being a good ride or because it's been ridden by lots of people. Having said that it is a fairly good ride. A bit on the heavy side but nice and comfy and responsive...And it has great tits.

Cyclopathic

Veteran

That is a sad story. Hope you weren't injured and that someone other than yourself is or has paid for Old Faithful (up to a point)" to be replaced.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
I've got a an old Scott hybrid town bike for knocking about on and I've managed to alter the logo writing so that it spells "SLUT". As such that is now it's name but only because I could make it look like it said that and not for any reasons about it being a good ride or because it's been ridden by lots of people. Having said that it is a fairly good ride. A bit on the heavy side but nice and comfy and responsive...And it has great tits.
:laugh: that is brilliant

defy-one

Rocky - Giant Rock MTB
Debbie - Defy
Jackie (chan) - metro Shogun hybrid

Will have to think of a name for a Triban 3 if I get one. First dibs on Tina (ex girlfriends name and I'd love to ride her again) :ohmy:

Top Bottom