Whats my single speed worth? Sub 14lbs

Whats it worth?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
No, I just mean it might affect the resale value.
Ok, but I doubt it. I would guess the buyer is looking for something cool, not focussed on regulations and roadworthiness.

Sharky

Guru
I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but doesn't that make it illegal to ride on the road in the UK? As far as I know, there must be a stopping mechanism on each wheel (with pedal control on a fixed-wheel bike acceptable for the rear wheel).
That's my understanding as well.

D

Deleted member 1258

I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but doesn't that make it illegal to ride on the road in the UK? As far as I know, there must be a stopping mechanism on each wheel (with pedal control on a fixed-wheel bike acceptable for the rear wheel).

Yes that is correct

D

Deleted member 1258

Ok, but I doubt it. I would guess the buyer is looking for something cool, not focussed on regulations and roadworthiness.

If I was buying a fixed for road use I would walk away from an illegal bike, wouldn't touch it. I have a fixed and it has two brakes on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4F

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Unless you live in a flat area with no traffic, you're eventually going to run into something if you only have the fixed wheel. There are hills round here where even the strongest trackie couldn't stop a brakeless bike from running away out of control, and skip stops are only moderately effective, as well as ruining tyres very quickly.

Top Bottom