What's that yoghurt and muesli mixture called?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Greek yogurt, with a handful of cereal of some sort on.
Granola (toasted muesli) is quite good, and so are Cheerios.
Dead classy, me!

Check your muesli. A lot have added sugar. Not nice. The dried fruit in muesli is quite high in sugar too. Evidently we tend to eat more dried fruit then we would if it was fresh. The fresh stuff contains water and the brain says yes you are full. The dried stuff has no water and the brain does not get that message. So we can overeat, which is more sugar and gain or, not lose weight. I never knew that until recently. I'm thinking of going over to fresh fruit in yogurt. I already add the fresh stuff to porridge.

What you say about fruit can surely be said about yogurt. Take milk (fatty full of energy food to make babies grow) take out some water, concentrate it down and add sugar (many yogurts do).

We do tend to eat much too much dairy produce. Perhaps it is because they say it is healthy.
I know some are low or no fat as with milk so are better.

bigjim

Legendary Member
What you say about fruit can surely be said about yogurt. Take milk (fatty full of energy food to make babies grow) take out some water, concentrate it down and add sugar (many yogurts do).

We do tend to eat much too much dairy produce. Perhaps it is because they say it is healthy.
I know some are low or no fat as with milk so are better.

I don't agree with the unhealthy dairy thing. I drink full fat milk and eat butter. This lowfat thing has too much human/factory intervention for my liking. I don't have high bad cholesterol or blood pressure, so I'm not too bothered.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I think the bircher muesli is far better than a cooked breakfast, particularly considering that the latter normally has too much deep-fried cholesterol-increasing food in it.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I haven't eaten a cooked breakfast for a coule of years now... although I am partial to scrambled eggs on granary toast. Allways with good healthy butter, never that marge crap, which is made from hydrogenated vegetable oil and builds up internal body fat.

400bhp

Guru
Check your muesli. A lot have added sugar. Not nice. The dried fruit in muesli is quite high in sugar too. Evidently we tend to eat more dried fruit then we would if it was fresh. The fresh stuff contains water and the brain says yes you are full. The dried stuff has no water and the brain does not get that message. So we can overeat, which is more sugar and gain or, not lose weight. I never knew that until recently. I'm thinking of going over to fresh fruit in yogurt. I already add the fresh stuff to porridge.

Bollox

Top Bottom