What's that yoghurt and muesli mixture called?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Ah... The considered reply. My mum used to say they only use swear words because they can't think of anything else to say.
Try reading the packet. Oh and while you are in the shop, see if you can buy any manners. You are obviously short of a few.

I don't agree with the unhealthy dairy thing. I drink full fat milk and eat butter. This lowfat thing has too much human/factory intervention for my liking. I don't have high bad cholesterol or blood pressure, so I'm not too bothered.

Surely it is rather like smoking, it is proven to be bad for you but may not be the thing that kills you.

I really cannot make out how there is human/factory intervention if I don't eat butter.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Ah... The considered reply. My mum used to say they only use swear words because they can't think of anything else to say.
Try reading the packet. Oh and while you are in the shop, see if you can buy any manners. You are obviously short of a few.
Swearing indicates a paucity of language.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Surely it is rather like smoking, it is proven to be bad for you but may not be the thing that kills you.

I really cannot make out how there is human/factory intervention if I don't eat butter.
I didn't say there wasn't. I said too much. There is human intervention in eating grapes. Somebody has to pick them. I,m sure there was something recently where it had been shown that the bad dairy thing was a fallacy, Margarine manufactuers had a hand in it somewhere. I don't think it's ever being proved one way or the other.

I didn't say there wasn't. I said too much. There is human intervention in eating grapes. Somebody has to pick them. I,m sure there was something recently where it had been shown that the bad dairy thing was a fallacy, Margarine manufactuers had a hand in it somewhere. I don't think it's ever being proved one way or the other.

I think perhaps we are not on the same page re what we eat and what we think is OK to eat.

You are completely wrong re the fat issue that has been in the press. Here is a review of it from the NHS website
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/02February/Pages/1980s-fat-guidelines-lacked-evidence-study-argues.aspx

"Overall, the media reporting was poor and potentially quite dangerous for several reasons. Much of the reporting gives the impression that the claim "saturated fats are not bad for you" represents a change in official dietary advice. This is not the case. The claim is the opinion of a small group of researchers.
The headline writing was particularly sensationalist. Journalists took the findings at face value, writing potentially scaremongering headlines, and may leave their readers questioning the evidence base for the current guidelines. Debate on national guidelines is always welcome, but much of the debate in the media was ill-informed. "

This may sum up your take on the story!!

I have no problem if you want to eat lots of animal fat and not listen to health advice but you seem to be trying to pass on that bad advice to others and perpetuating press lies.

Sorry, I know this is only Café but I just felt I needed to pick up the point.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I'm not completely wrong as I have not stated anything as fact. I'm not trying to pass on any advice at all. You are just looking for an argument where there is none. I've yet to see any fatual evidence on diet, good or bad. Much of what is presented is littered with wording such as can, may, could etc, etc. We are all different and [that word] may react differently to foods or environment. What I say is my opinion. You are welcome to yours, but don't put words in my mouth or misrepresent me. Thankyou.

400bhp

Guru

Your mum would be wrong.

I'm sorry I was short with jefmg but it gets tiring listening to people who appear to have no specific professional knowledge about food and what is considered healthy/good for us/bad for us. Food intake and the effects on the human body is an extremely complicated area and is a science in its infancy. The scientific world does not have a consensus on what is good/bad and it doesn't help with the fact that there's a lot of unregulated people out there who offer us advice on diet.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Surely it's called Muesli?

bigjim

Legendary Member
Your mum would be wrong.
Oh I doubt it.:smile: But shes's not around anymore for me to check.:sad:
Food intake and the effects on the human body is an extremely complicated area and is a science in its infancy. The scientific world does not have a consensus on what is good/bad and it doesn't help with the fact that there's a lot of unregulated people out there who offer us advice on diet.
Totally agree.
However we should all be allowed to voice our opinions without being derided for that. I mentioned something I had read. Not my own words. Fine if it encourages discussion without venturing into nastiness. Nothing wrong with healthy debate.
The reader is entitled to decide to take notice or not and go their own way. We are all, hopefully, all consenting adults here.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why do folk come along and spoil a perfectly innocent food thread by airing their impeccable PC credentials and arguing about semantics? Can we get back to the subject?

Is there anywhere I can buy this Bircher's muesli in a tub rather than go to all that faff? I'd rather be out riding my bike than stuck indoors mixing stuff in a big bowl.

I though the very excellent Booths stores would have it but haven't found it yet... shocking...

I'm not completely wrong as I have not stated anything as fact. I'm not trying to pass on any advice at all. You are just looking for an argument where there is none. I've yet to see any fatual evidence on diet, good or bad. Much of what is presented is littered with wording such as can, may, could etc, etc. We are all different and [that word] may react differently to foods or environment. What I say is my opinion. You are welcome to yours, but don't put words in my mouth or misrepresent me. Thankyou.

I was referring to your post-
"I,m sure there was something recently where it had been shown that the bad dairy thing was a fallacy, Margarine manufactuers had a hand in it somewhere. I don't
think it's ever being proved one way or the other."

The press wrongly claimed this - that is why I put the link to the NHS site which responded rather strongly.
I am rather sure the link between consumption of animal fat and various conditions has been rather soundly established.

As I put in earlier post. I do see that this is a bit out of place on a yoghurt thread in café. Apologies to all.

ayceejay

Guru
Muesli was invented by Max Bircher Benner (you can Google for more information on him if you need it, you will also find the recipe there/ I imagine the bar you are looking for is muesli that can be eaten on the go. Bircher Benner was Swiss so maybe you can find it there.

Top Bottom