What's the 20% off mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
But that's the polyester one, not the wool one.
The cheaper LS one is 80% polyester, only 20% wool. Maybe that's your 20 % answer :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn't look at the material of that one. The cheaper LS one isn't wool, it's a blend, only 20% wool, 80% poly

The expensive one is 100% merino which is a more costly and luxurious material..,as long as you can wear it :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
But the pros wore wool in the 70's and 80's in the blazing sun.:sun:
Not long sleeves. You can get different weights of merino. You can only try them and see, £3.50 for collect plus returns to PX

Either will look a bit gash with the snot green bike though :whistle:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I didn't look at the material of that one. The cheaper LS one isn't wool, it's a blend, only 20% wool, 80% poly

The expensive one is 100% merino which is a more costly and luxurious material..,as long as you can wear it :rolleyes:

I always wear a cotton t shirt as a base layer. Some say cotton makes you sweat but it's ok for me as i rarely sweat unless it's something daft like 85C. So the wool jersey would only be making contact with my arms. Decisions decisions, i can't make my mind up. Wool or polyester?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not long sleeves. You can get different weights of merino. You can only try them and see, £3.50 for collect plus returns to PX

Yes i agree about orange and fluoro green clashing but i want it mainly for my converted(because i've fitted a saddlebag:rolleyes:) graphite coloured touring bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
I always wear a cotton t shirt as a base layer. Some say cotton makes you sweat but it's ok for me as i rarely sweat unless it's something daft like 85C. So the wool jersey would only be making contact with my arms. Decisions decisions, i can't make my mind up. Wool or polyester?
I'm sure if it's for summer, the poly is fine

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

What do you reckon to this then?
$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201567190902?var=500773913682 I've just ordered it. I hope it's the same shade of "snot green" as the bike!

I was going to buy this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331841310054
$_57.JPG

but i'm not too sure about wearing someone else's cast offs.

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
But the pros wore wool in the 70's and 80's in the blazing sun.:sun:
Very fine wool with a base layer. And some of the "wool" wasn't as "wooly" as you might think. Wool based shorts with thin chamois were a much worse problem. It was the age of stinking kit and saddle sores . But everyone got a bit of money, so that was all right then! :sad:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Very fine wool with a base layer. And some of the "wool" wasn't as "wooly" as you might think. Wool based shorts with thin chamois were a much worse problem. It was the age of stinking kit and saddle sores . But everyone got a bit of money, so that was all right then! :sad:

Phew, i'm glad i didn't buy that wooly Holdsworth long sleeve number then! Someone on Sunday's 100 miler had a retro merino wool jersey on. He said he was comfy in it but you could see the sweat dripping off his cycling cap! He must've been boiling up inside.:heat:

Top Bottom