What's the biggest cause of stress in your life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Trivial things like my car tax is due,or someone said hello to me the other day and i didn't respond till it was too late give me stress. I know they're pale in comparison to more serious problems/situations in life but stressing about trivial things means i don't have time to stress about the more serious things. Does that make sense?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Increasingly little stresses me as I get older. Big World Problems that mattered a lot to me when I was younger have faded into insignificance . As Steve Forbert sang on "Born too Late"....."Nothing really matters 'til it's closer than the house next door". Maybe that's a cop-out. I just feel impotent to do anything about the big issues and I don't want to spend the rest of my life getting angry about them. An entirely selfish view. That stresses me.

byegad

Legendary Member
Cameron, Clegg, Milliband and especially the odious Gove. I sometimes have to switch off the news on radio or TV when they are reported or actually come on to speak lie to us.

Not that long ago stress wasn't even in the lexicon of the medical profession, now we know just how damaging it can be, often going hand in hand with depression. As someone said earlier, stress is very individual and therefore very personal. Most of us at some time or another will suffer stress and for many it will be a constant in their lives, often there is one major thing that causes a great deal of worry on a daily basis which then means that lesser problems that could ordinarily be dealt with easily become stressful in themselves.
For those of you [and I was one of them] who have / believe they have zero stress in their lives, count yourself lucky because it does not mean that you have something in your character that mitigates feeling stressful, it just means you haven't yet had a bad enough experience.

Venod

Eh up
After Jasons post which puts everything in perspective I feel a bit of a fraud posting.

But at the moment whats stressing me is dealing with internet companies who say they have stuff in stock so an order is placed they take the cash but they don't have stock and they don't answer emails or the phone its becoming a PITA to get something I want.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
For those of you [and I was one of them] who have / believe they have zero stress in their lives, count yourself lucky because it does not mean that you have something in your character that mitigates feeling stressful, it just means you haven't yet had a bad enough experience.

This.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I read the thread title.
I read the thread.
As a result of the second process I've concluded I don't have stress in my life at the moment I have minor annoyances and a few issues at work.

I used to be of the macho "I don't do stress" school of thought. Unfortunately my body and subconscious didn't buy the BS I was putting down. So I had three breakdowns in a 12 year period before I learnt otherwise. Long time ago now thank goodness.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Minor in comparison to losing a child (although I've suffered the loss of 3 pregnancies, one at 20 weeks) but here's mine:

Money worries - forced to retire through ill-health, it hasn't been easy since.
My health - Arthritis in my upper and lower spine/knees and FM
Loss of my mum, 12 years ago
Dad with Vascular Dementia
Coping with my kids; most have issues including ADHD, ODD, Aspergers, Dyspraxia, CVS, and OCD.

I've done a lot to counter all of the above, including medication and counselling, but most of all, cycling has helped me de-stress and clear my head to face another day :smile:

Top Bottom