What's the biggest cause of stress in your life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FFJ

Minor in comparison to losing a child (although I've suffered the loss of 3 pregnancies, one at 20 weeks) but here's mine:

Money worries - forced to retire through ill-health, it hasn't been easy since.
My health - Arthritis in my upper and lower spine/knees and FM
Loss of my mum, 12 years ago
Dad with Vascular Dementia
Coping with my kids; most have issues including ADHD, ODD, Aspergers, Dyspraxia, CVS, and OCD.

I've done a lot to counter all of the above, including medication and counselling, but most of all, cycling has helped me de-stress and clear my head to face another day :smile:
I feel for you, puts things in perspective...take care

Money
Teenagers
Job security
I would add 'relationships', too many bad folk out there doin the dirty on one another

jai

Coping with the loss of our 3 month old daughter back in March is the most stressful time I've ever had and ever will have

The ex misses the mother of my 9 year old stresses the bloody hell out of me at times
so sorry about that

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
There are a couple of people here with real problems. And after reading about them I really feel I have nothing to get stressed about.
I do feel for the people with real problems.

Ian A

Über Member
My wife is the cause of most of my stress but it's not really her fault. She has a degenerative illness which means she is physically disabled to the point of needing an electric wheelchair as well as mental health problems which have a much larger impact on our life. We had to organise and pay for getting the house modified for her condition as we both work and pay taxes still and it's all means tested. I did a lot of the work myself around looking after the kids,all the housework and working five days a week. She also set the kitchen on fire, luckily before we started modifying the house. Trying to keep the three children we have (all born before she became ill) from being affected is the hardest part. No family to help out as we moved for her job before she was ill and tight on money while the work was getting done. I don't think stress is for wimps anymore (and was an idiot to think so before).

On the plus side the hard work is largely over now and everything is getting good. No one has died and after reading some of the posts I can't grumble. Everything is getting better to he point I'm able to train when the kids are asleep and enter races.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Being 653rd on the Snake Pass hill climb Strava segment

What? You wanted a serious response? Oh, Ok then....
I don't suffer from stress as much as most people. The reason is that I seek to control the controllables.Anything outside my control I forget about and deal with it when it comes up. And I only look forward. No regrets about bad decisions in the past or things that didn't go to plan. They're not important. What's important is what happens tomorrow, not what happened yesterday

Reactions: PBB

wait4me

Veteran
My normal reply to this is "If I am not stressed I think I must have overlooked something"
Sorry I know that's inane after reading some of the posts so just trying to give a lift :hello:

Top Bottom