Whats the cheapest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Internet sales - Pauls cycles seems to always have good prices.

As for better? They are both very similar, i think the Spesh looks better. Pick the one that is the best colour
Have you looked around for 2nd hand bikes? Always plenty about, could grab a bargain

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

I was looking at the Specialized Allez Double 2007, I think it does look better but its about 50 quid more than the giant. Worth it?

gbb

Legendary Member
roadiewill said:
What is meant by the double chainset btw? As oposed to the triple chainset?

Double Will...two front chainrings, something like 50T and 39T
Triple will have three chainrings, something like 50, 39 and a 30T.

Which one you need is really dictated by your fitness and terrain.

A triple will give you far more gearing options if its hilly there. Your fitness will improve so a triple MAY become less useful, but the terrain wont change. If its flat there, i'd get a double.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
For what it's worth the Allez consistently wins the best entry level bike of the year in Cycling Plus. I have the Allez Sport as my second bike and it is a good bike. My mate has the Giant and that's nice too! I would always go for the triple myself but then my knees and hips aren't great so I like to spin a bit more than some folk.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Another thing, off topic from the allez, but will the 08 giants be the same sizes as the 07 models? (Measured from the same place)

ChrisKH

Guru
rich p said:
For what it's worth the Allez consistently wins the best entry level bike of the year in Cycling Plus. I have the Allez Sport as my second bike and it is a good bike. My mate has the Giant and that's nice too! I would always go for the triple myself but then my knees and hips aren't great so I like to spin a bit more than some folk.

Ditto, I have the triple. My advice is to hold back and pay a little bit more for the Elite model. I wish I had done this now.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Aww that is so tempting but I have finally decided on the 2008 SCR 4.0 - Just love the colour scheme Giant have produced. I will then keep the money I have saved for some proper road shoes, new computer and further upgrades...

Top Bottom