What's the earliest 'funny' that still makes you laugh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Every now and then something brings to mind a cartoon t-shirt design that used to appear in the small ads of Marvel comics when I were a nipper, 50+ years ago: two surly-looking buzzards side by side on a branch, bearing the legend: "Patience my ass - I'm gonna kill something." It still makes me laugh even now. What's the earliest joke (any format) you can recall that still amuses you today?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Still gives me belly laughs 56 years later. It goes on so i will cut it short.
Vicar and friend playing golf.
1st hole the guy misses an easy put and shouts 'damn blast I missed the b*stard'.
Vicar says please dont blaspheme or god will punish you.
This is repeated for 18 holes and he shouts the same on the last hole.
There is a loud clap of thunder and a bolt of lightning hits the green.
A loud voice from heaven says "damn blast, I missed the b*stard*.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Anything that still makes you chuckle randomly later in the day and gets you a few odd looks. The old Seaside post cards are still guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. Purile and childish Inuendo without being blatantly rude and, more importantly without any bad language to offend. I think the 'new' breed of comedians that recycle old material and add a large helping of F###### bad language are just desperate for laughs and lack any imagination of their own 😇

Slioch

Guru
Mrs S buys me the Viz annual every Xmas (I'm 58).
The Fat Slags crack me up every time.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anything that still makes you chuckle randomly later in the day and gets you a few odd looks. The old Seaside post cards are still guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. Purile and childish Inuendo without being blatantly rude and, more importantly without any bad language to offend. I think the 'new' breed of comedians that recycle old material and add a large helping of F###### bad language are just desperate for laughs and lack any imagination of their own 😇
Indeed.
I recall the Doctor saying "big breaths".

Top Bottom