What's the fastest you've ever done on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

42mph freewheeling down a very long incline.

Cubist

Still wavin'
47point something, first hill on way to work...

I had a cheap wireless computer once that showed I had exceeded 79mph somewhere between Dewsbury and Huddersfield, but then I put it on the breadbin under the kitchen downlighters and it promptly set off at 78point whatever . I then realised it was being triggered by led lights, especially on strobe. :wacko:

Svendo

Guru
Got up to 51 mph down Blackstone Edge the other week when we had strong steady Easterlies.

When the wind is right, ease off for last bit of Cragg Vale to recover, then pile on the beans as soon as turn right at the top. If I'm up to 35 mph by the time I pass the White House at the top of the descent proper, I'll be out of gearing before the first bend, (over 46mph in 52x11) and wind depending should get over 50 mph before having to sit up a bit for the right hand bend.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
About 20 years ago I tried for 60 mph down the hill on Rossendale Road from the traffic lights on Manchester Road on the western fringes of Burnley but I failed...

... though I was doing 56 mph (90 kph) when I hit the raised manhole cover which launched my bike into the air and I nearly bit the end of my tongue off when I chinned the handlebars on landing! :ohmy:

Martok

Klingon on a bike
My best speed was done today down a hill north of Potters Bar when I managed 42mph on my hybrid (not a fancy road bike like HaloJ with her Secteur :o). I was faster than her too! Though that was partly down to her back light falling off on the way down the hill - bloody bumpy roads!

67mph on the A3075 heading back from Newquay to Redruth about 20 years ago, big hill, tail wind and slip streaming a car. Got some speed wobbles at about 50 which smoothed out at 55.

4 years ago headed up to Canada to ride the Ice Fields Parkway and managed to hit 50+ on a bunch of the descents. I was trying to keep up with our tour guide who was an ex olympic down hill skier and crazy.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
43.5 going down a hill a few years ago... losing my bottle a bit though as I get older! (and I don't mean my bidon)

Top Bottom