What's the fastest you've ever done on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to regularly hit 40-42mph coming down a local hill off the back of Helsby hill. Fastest achieved though is 46.7mph off Snake Pass summit, on my old Harry Quinn. Would have been more but for the horrible S bend halfway down.

HeyWayne

I thought I was going fast as hell when I hit 31mph down a short hill on the fringes of the village. Felt a lot faster.

That said, I am a bit of an air brake.

42.6mph so far, however like the OP I got rather an erroneous reading the other day - 65.9mph and was rather annoyed as it is the first time the machine - a cateye strada wireless has let me down. Everything else works fine and always has done and still does but that was just plain wierd.

No way I went that fast... any theories?

HeyWayne

gaz said:
Global Warming.

Erm, I think you'll find that's 'climate change' nowadays! :biggrin:

Monsieur Remings said:
42.6mph so far, however like the OP I got rather an erroneous reading the other day - 65.9mph and was rather annoyed as it is the first time the machine - a cateye strada wireless has let me down. Everything else works fine and always has done and still does but that was just plain wierd.

No way I went that fast... any theories?
I've found my Raleigh Echo wireless computer is prone to interference when the batteries are nearly flat. It just stops recording every rotation of the wheel so you get a reading of 7 mph when you know you are hurtling down a hill and doing at least 20mph.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bay Runner said:
47mph on my old Claud Butler Legend down Cefn Bryn on Gower put the anchors on because got little scared!

Would that be down the road that runs NW from Reynoldston to Cilibion, past Broad Pool? That's about the speed I get down that one. I have a friend who won't do that descent at speed, because he always gets a terrifying speed-wobble on that hill (but never anywhere else). And it goes without saying that people drive like complete f***wits down there. Go carefully :tongue:.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theclaud said:
Would that be down the road that runs NW from Reynoldston to Cilibion, past Broad Pool? That's about the speed I get down that one. I have a friend who won't do that descent at speed, because he always gets a terrifying speed-wobble on that hill (but never anywhere else). And it goes without saying that people drive like complete f***wits down there. Go carefully :tongue:.

Only do it sober, is my advice:smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Only do it sober, is my advice:smile:

Unfortunately the descent immediately follows a natural summer beer lunch stop - The King Arthur Hotel in Reynoldston. It's outta my hands...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theclaud said:
Unfortunately the descent immediately follows a natural summer beer lunch stop - The King Arthur Hotel in Reynoldston. It's outta my hands...

Ah, I see now, pint taken:wacko:

Top Bottom