What's the fastest you've ever done on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Ah, I see now, pint taken:wacko:

That reminds me. I must ask Shaun if there is some special forum software that can keep you and Teef at opposite ends of the virtual classroom...

theclaud said:
That reminds me. I must ask Shaun if there is some special forum software that can keep you and Teef at opposite ends of the virtual classroom...

That sort of comment deserves a text book response.

But...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
cant remember how fast but going fast down a steep hill on way in to Ludlow bike all loaded for easter week end touring in youth hostels and the lad in fronts panniers started emptying themselves .

will never forget that and its over 30 yrs ago now

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just under 50mph dropping down from Cap Gris Nez into Calais with a huge tailwind. My new computer was playing up on Ventoux, otherwise I'm sure I'd have seen 60+ going from the summit to Chalet Reynard.
And I reckon I must have got nearly 40 mph in Normandy this last weekend. On a Brommie.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
50mph twice. Once off Clee Hill in Shropshire and again off Frome's Hill on the Hereford road. Speed wobble set in at about 45 on Clee Hill but I just stuck my knee onto the top tube and kept going :biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The fastest I have been was coming down Mont Ventoux towards Malaucene when my trusty? cat eye showed my speed to be 54mph towards the bottom of the mountain where the road is a little straighter. What an adrenaline rush.

Melvil

42mph, in Edinburgh near the parliament. Forgot at the last second that there were little speed bumps at the end of the hill then a min-roundabout straight after...gulp. Made it, just.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
60mph...........In a small group coming into Betws-y-coed.... awesome...no wind totally steady on my Herety about 15 years back.........

55mph a couple of years ago on my old Ribble 653... got speed wobble though as hit by a cross wind....exactly where it usually hits, so backed off and then let go again.....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The best recently (last year) was with Dan_bo and Longers coming off the Saddleworth Moors - steady 42-45 mph for ages...what a blast...........

dexterdog

over Matlock down to Ashover

About 1985, down the steep hill from Matlock down to Ashover at the bottom. Newly relaid road, very long and straight - got up to 54mph on my beloved Benotto, trying to chase my brother on his Peugeot Vitus. Never did catch him..
Years later rode back up the hill - very difficult.

HeyWayne

Update - on a steep downhill this evening I hit 38.5 mph according to my Cateye. I thought I was going to melt the brake blocks toward the bottom. My mate behind me on his Giant roadbike said "I nearly shat mesen there".

Next target, 40.

Top Bottom