What's the fastest you've ever done on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
My usual runs are too flat to do much more than 35 mph, but I hit 40mph on a short but steep descent at the weekend. I had to get super aero to do it though (I don't weigh much so don't get dragged down hills by gravity), chin was on the stem and I tucked my arms in as much as possible. The good thing about getting your head low is that you feel like you're going faster. I didn't half notice the wind rushing past when I sat up though.

hackbike 666 said:
I did 50mph coming down from Ditchling into Brighton but my old bottle went...:biggrin:

On the same hill, I got 82km/Hr (just over 51mph) then my bottle joined yours - where it went to, as I over took an ambulance into which they were loading another cyclist who’s come off.

adscrim

Veteran
HeyWayne said:
I hit 42mph last night coming down the hill near the village. With my backpack on too!

I hit 42mph this morning going up a hill getting sucked along by a large feed lorry. Excellent fun!

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
44.6 mph is my fastest, the hill wasn't that bad quite a long gradual decent I was suprised when I got back home and checked my max. I knew I was travelling cause I was over taking cars lol

Max speed for me is just on the other side of 60mph (I forget exactly - 62.4 rings a bell). It was in the Alps (E25 out of Chamonix) on a fully loaded tourer - surprisingly stable!

S

battered

Guru
I managed 47mph down the steep side of Caerphilly Mountain. I used to commute that way when I had temp work in Bedwas, and max speed was very dependent on the line takem. Early 40s were routine but better than 45 was rare. The steepest and fastest bit is just after the LH bend and approaching the right hander and the 30 sign. I usually used to get it down to something approaching 30 by the time I passed Caerphilly Police Station. :-)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
battered said:
I managed 47mph down the steep side of Caerphilly Mountain. I used to commute that way when I had temp work in Bedwas, and max speed was very dependent on the line takem. Early 40s were routine but better than 45 was rare. The steepest and fastest bit is just after the LH bend and approaching the right hander and the 30 sign. I usually used to get it down to something approaching 30 by the time I passed Caerphilly Police Station. :-)

Hope you rode 'caerphilly' ;)

Herbie

Veteran
did 64kph last year on our old Bob Jackson tandem at the etape caledonia last year. my stokers eyes were firmly shut throughout.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Coming down a long hill I hit 47.7 MPH once, and I was just freewheeling, if I did it again I would tuck down on the drops and sprint like hell to try and pass 50 MPH

Herbie

Veteran
:smile:did 64kph on our 30 yr old Bob Jackson tandem at last years etape caledonia.my stokers eyes were firmly shut throughout the experience.

Top Bottom