What's the most dodgiest possition you have been in on a bike??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Globalti said:
Riding my 10 speed home in the rain, head down, and I suddenly found myself lying on the boot of a parked car.

I can do better.....

Cycled into the neighbours Porsche 928 on the bike and dented it... he was actually OK about it...... the car was new.:laugh: (25+ years ago)

The guy still lives in the same house but drives Aston's now, but has a young bird in tow...... hmmmm me thinking his earnings aren't exactly legal.......:laugh:.....

Arch said:
Ah, any excuse to get out my ditch story...

I completed the ride with bits of hedge in my hair, but I mostly look like that anyway....

I did very similar a couple of months back. With extra nettles for additional joy! I suspect that to a casual observer it loked like a classic clipless moment. Except I have flats....

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
First was going on a trip to Bridlington with a mate and a tent. Spent 1 night in Brid then cycled back and went down to pub with the rest of the lads. My mate came into pub and announced to everyone "I've just been camping with Pete and, god, my arse is sore". He missed out the fact that we'd biked it there.:laugh::biggrin:
Second was visiting the beer tent at the Sandtoft Gathering after biking there then going home on bike. I spotted a possible scalp up the road so set off in pursuit. After 1/2 mile I caught and got my scalp. 100 yards on I looked down to see what gear I was in for changing ready for junction, veered to the left and hit kerb. I left the road and was still sprawled when said scalp rode past with (I believe) a smirk and was just putting front end of bike straight when friend I had left a few mins earlier rode up and told me he nearly fell off his bike when he saw what I had done. When I told him I had been checking what gear I was in he told me "Jeans and t-shirt Pete".:laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Arch said:
Ah, any excuse to get out my ditch story...

Out on a group ride, I was near the back of a strung out group, and getting warm. There was a hill ahead, so I decided to stop and take my longsleeved top off. I pulled over to the side of th road, and because the verge seemed quite high, put a foot down onto the verge straight out of the saddle, instead of coming forward off the saddle as I normally have to to get a foot down on the road.

Except it wasn't a high verge. It was a low verge, lower than the tarmac, but with long grass. My foot met nothing, and kept going. I was so unprepared that I went with it, and as my foot hit bottom, I did a complete sideways roll and slithered into the ditch under the hedge.

This left me upside down, head in the bottom of the ditch, legs sticking up and out from under the hedge - still on the bike! I think one wheel may have been spinning lazily for effect.

Fortunately, there were still two people behind me, and they pulled me out - I was wedged for a moment.

I completed the ride with bits of hedge in my hair, but I mostly look like that anyway....

No offence or anything but that would have been a great one for the likes of You've Been Framed if someone had filmed it!! :eek:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Headgardener said:
Ah yes across one side of Beaulieu Heath and round Hatchets Pond then back down the other side to Lymington. Hmm! Probably nearer ten miles.

It's the one where you quite pointlessly go under the railway bridges a few hundred (railway) feet apart in both directions on the two different roads (the first heading towards Sway. If I'd had lights I might have been brave enough to cut across the Heath next to the railway track, but then, I had already fallen into a gorse bush that day, so perhaps it was for the best that I didn't).
The last busier road was through Boldre and so on.

10 miles eh?? I must admit it was oddly fun in parts, whizzing through pitch darkness at speed, trying not to stray off the road and into another gorse bush, a ditch or worse, a wandering Pony, so I'm glad it was as long as that! :eek:

Actually, to be fair, over the Heath they seem to have laid gravel down at the side of the roads, so when I went off the tarmac, I was able to hear it and act accordingly (and just hope there wasn't a large rock or similar that was about to hit my front wheel sending me skywards and possibly into this aforementioned gorse bush).

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mad Doug Biker said:
No offence or anything but that would have been a great one for the likes of You've Been Framed if someone had filmed it!! :blush:

Oh, believe, me, I wish someone had got it on video! It's not something I'm likely to repeat if I can help it, but I'd love to have seen it happen from an external viewpoint!

Top Bottom