What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
...and perhaps dell could be asked to start a blog to keep us updated as to who is on his ignore list each week.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm not sure I do - I think I would worry over what I had done to offend those people - I'm probably better not knowing if I'm on someone's ignore list. If you want it - could it be a turn on/off feature then.

I've only ever had one person on my ignore list for any length of time and he's not around any more but was mentioned further up this thread. I have one other person that I effectively ignore by simply not reading their posts as they wind me up and then I want to reply and it doesn't do any good - other than to have an argument as it doesn't change his views at all. For those people the ignore list is useful.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
...and perhaps dell could be asked to start a blog to keep us updated as to who is on his ignore list each week.
I think that would be a little confrontational. And, as you know, I no longer do confrontation.

I do own up to a pang of guilt. When Mr. Paul was giving Linf a good seeing-to, and I was hiding behind my ignore list, I knew that Mr. Paul was a better man than I. He had the will, where mine had failed.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I would start a thread in P&L for ignorees only - obviously it couldnt be policed. But it would be a whole thread that Dell couldnt see.

As Im Dell, son of Dell, Im exempt tho. Sorry.
there have been a few that have come close. I do recall a couple of pages on which I've seen one post in ten.

What about a forum gaol? I used to be an occasional visitor to a forum which had one - crazy.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
:biggrin: It gets better, that's almost as good as the line about not even recognising some of the names on your ignore list
well, my memory's not what it used to be. Who is, or was, Bartok? Or Maverick?

Actually I have just looked at the list and I realise that I once put somebody on the list because they were rude to Zimmers. Somebody that I agree with on almost everything! It must be some kind of crush! He'll never come on the FNRttC again! (Especially after going on about him being a perfect specimen yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom