What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spire

To the point
blood pressure. That's a good reason for having an ignore list. As is boredom. And distaste. And, then again, there's room for the personal stuff, like loyalty to a friend who is insulted by another forumee.

All in all it cuts down on life's little aggravations. Helps the digestion. You should try it some time.

In your case, Dell, it's the inability to deal with certain truths about your own attitude.

You would be better off staying in Cafe if you don't want people to challenge your preconceptions.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
:tired: Plenty of drones on here insulted my old mate redcogs (RIP)..... but I was never tempted to behave like a mincing petulant yugoslavia tennis fairy and chuck them in my sin bin...and who was a major player in p!ssing off redders enough to leave for good?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mincing petulant yugoslavia tennis fairy! I'm so flattered :wub:

376497.jpg

Dell and GaryA - a Doubles act to remember

and deeply impressed that somebody worked out the avatar (although she was Czech, and is now a U.S. citizen)

spire

To the point
Why has this topic been moved to 'Site Feedback'?

The discussion is now more about the motivation for 'Ignore Lists' rather than any technical matter.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well, I'm sorry if people are upset about it, but I'd have thought that the simple thing would be to put me on their ignore lists. If I am nothing more than a mincing petulant yugoslavia tennis fairy then it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice on their part. It might even be a relief.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wasnt Redders advocating turning a blind eye to drunk drivers? A kinda working class soliditarity at all costs kinda thing?
I think that was it, and, having been whacked by a drunk driver doing 55mph, I was pretty steamed about it. But, then again, I did the sensible thing - and put him on my ignore list and withdrew, hors de forum.

Danny

Legendary Member
I think that was it, and, having been whacked by a drunk driver doing 55mph, I was pretty steamed about it. But, then again, I did the sensible thing - and put him on my ignore list and withdrew, hors de forum.

Which to my mind is a lot better than getting drawn into some of the circular arguments we have seen on the forum - for example a discussion between Mr Paul (who I admire greatly) and LLB on the subject of 4x4s could easily generate several hundred post in a few milliseconds.

Bman

Guru
I dont use it. I would rather see posts rather than ignoring them. If a post is distasteful, I stop reading it

However, It would be a nice little feature below everyones avitar that shows how many people are ignoring that user. That way you could see who is rubbing people up the wrong way (e.g. "ignored by 4 users"). Obviously it shouldn't show who is ignoring who, just a count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom