What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
spire said:
Mao and Stalin agreed with this viewpoint.

Silly analogy Spire

Before i bunged people in my ignore list have they been given the benefit of the doubt countless times to show to all and sundry why they themselves:
Ignore facts
Ignore evidence
Ignore rationality
Ignore reality
Ignore good manners (by repeatedly posting groundless prejudice)
Ignore books
Ignore any evidence which conflicts with their prior prejudice/ideas
Ignore education
Ignore wisdom
Ignore psychological insights

Given the overwhelming amount of blind prejudice displayed by these people (and we all know who they are) it is they you should be comparing to Mao and Stalin not the people who are doing the equivalent of switching off the radio when a gormless racist gonk gets on the phone-in show...........:angry:

spire

To the point
:angry: :biggrin: :sad: :sad: :biggrin:

Go on, Gaz, spell out who's on your list!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Before replying to this poll, I thought I would try out the ignore list. There is someone who IMHO has been given the benefit of the doubt about nine trillion times. So I have put them on it.

It shows they have said something, and the people who post later seem to summarise the content, without me bothering to read it in full. It is, as Gary Askwith says, like switching the radio off.

U

User482

There are a few people on this forum who I rarely agree with on anything, but the only one on my ignore list is SimonCC, as he is the only one inherently incapable of responding to anything that his put to him. I see the ignore list as a very useful feature for avoiding those who do not wish to have a debate.

domtyler

Über Member
User482 said:
There are a few people on this forum who I rarely agree with on anything, but the only one on my ignore list is SimonCC, as he is the only one inherently incapable of responding to anything that his put to him. I see the ignore list as a very useful feature for avoiding those who do not wish to have a debate.

That is sad then as you are missing out on some cracking posts. Give him another go and try and see a lighter side of things for a change.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
He amuses me with his gibberish, raving loony like rants about the BBC.

I imagine his blood pressure must be sky high.

Wouldn't dream of putting him on any ignore list - you simply can't get entertainment of the like that some people provide on here and other forums (fora?).

Each to their own though - if you wish to use it then by all means, do.

U

User482

domtyler said:
That is sad then as you are missing out on some cracking posts. Give him another go and try and see a lighter side of things for a change.

He just repeats the same obsessions over and over - I took him off the list a while back to see if anything had changed - guess what?

U

User482

Smeggers said:
Back at ya baby :smile:

Well, quite :smile:. But then you've made some thoughtful posts on the chicken debate, and Spire (whose politics are diametrically opposed to mine) has some interesting things to say about the environment. So I would have missed out if I had put you two on an ignore list.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
User482 said:
Well, quite :smile:. But then you've made some thoughtful posts on the chicken debate, and Spire (whose politics are diametrically opposed to mine) has some interesting things to say about the environment. So I would have missed out if I had put you two on an ignore list.

Same with me..its not about political opposites as such but more about having a redeeming feature..only those who i cannot see any redeeming features remain in my list... i am, believe it or not, a very tolerant person :smile:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I haven't felt the need to put anyone on the ignore list yet, but there was one character on the old C+ forum for whom I would have loved to have this this facility. I would have liked the full Stalinist version which completely eradicated all evidence of his existance.

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
>And it means that some threads develop in a very strange way, you ask a valid question and never get a reply, etc.....

I routinely converse with certain 'people' but never get a reply ! - Pat Stevens is namely one of them....

I'm interested to know why you think Patrick is 'people'. Don't you believe he exists? I can assure you he does, I've met him..

Maybe he just doesn't respond to people who shorten his name...

I don't have an ignore list, but don't see why other poeple shouldn't, so I say keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom