What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Gary Askwith said:
Shame there is no software feature which could block the drivel from a person on ones ignorant list being shown when some unfortunate pulls it out of ones box...but then again if they ever changed you would not know, but of course they never do, do they? :biggrin:

This is a quite an irrational and uneducated presumption. Of course people change, you just have to open your mind.

Smeggers

Ignore lists are just an excuse for people to say, "yes, I have people on my ignore list", thus causing everyone else to wonder who, thus making the person of the original statement feel morally superior.

However, being as this is only a virtual world, those trying to boost their cyber-egos are really quite sad.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Smeggers said:
Ignore lists are just an excuse for people to say, "yes, I have people on my ignore list", thus causing everyone else to wonder who, thus making the person of the original statement feel morally superior.

However, being as this is only a virtual world, those trying to boost their cyber-egos are really quite sad.

The people on my ignore know who they are because I have told them, and in public. What they or anyone else thinks about that is their business! The people concerned can always PM me if they think I am wrong - but I doubt it actually matters to them anyway.

Smeggers said:

If you have people on your ignore list but don't mention it?

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Abitrary said:
This is a quite an irrational and uneducated presumption. Of course people change, you just have to open your mind.

My mind is wide open theirs are firmly closed due to irrational and uneducated assumptions.

spire

To the point
It would be great fun if everybody had to publish the list of those they are ignoring!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Simoncc and MrHippo - the former because I have heard everything he has to say at least twice already and he doesn't actually want to have a conversation just talk at people, and the latter because he's generally only ever been ignorant, nasty and rude (at least to me). It is not a nice combination.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Nothing to hide; Bonj, domtyler, simoncc, gavintc, the paramedic
for reasons of willful ignorance or personal irritation
I did have abitary in but when he got rid of that nerdy avator i unclicked ;)

SimonCC, Limpfordbiscuit, DomTyler. I just cannot be arsed.
Bonj is too entertaining to ignore.
There are one or two others who came close to being included but since they each have a redeeming feature and don't actually drive me up the wall....

Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom