What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

User482 said:
There are a few people on this forum who I rarely agree with on anything, but the only one on my ignore list is SimonCC, as he is the only one inherently incapable of responding to anything that his put to him. I see the ignore list as a very useful feature for avoiding those who do not wish to have a debate.

Can you not see that using such malign tactics to fight him simply makes him stronger? He feeds off this energy.

The only way you stand a chance of vanquishing him is to proffer him what he least expects - love and kindness.

Danny

Legendary Member
What does the ignore list actually do?

Does it litterally hide posts from people you don't like?

domtyler

Über Member
Abitrary said:
Can you not see that using such malign tactics to fight him simply makes him stronger? He feeds off this energy.

The only way you stand a chance of vanquishing him is to proffer him what he least expects - love and kindness.

Maybe we should make today "Love Simon Day"?

LLB

mickle said:
No. It's like putting a padlock on the fridge and hiding the key in the freezer.
I think we should keep it, I've just started using it and find it reduces my blood pressure.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Abitrary said:

Is he Obi Wan Kenobi or something?

I can't stand him, but he does do a very good line in sarcasm which occasionally produces some gems. He stays off my ignore list for that reason. I have sometimes suspected I'm on his, and was disappointed to find otherwise. There is only one person on mine, but his inclusion is entirley justified and I am happy that the function is there.

LLB

theclaud said:
Is he Obi Wan Kenobi or something?

I can't stand him, but he does do a very good line in sarcasm which occasionally produces some gems. He stays off my ignore list for that reason. I have sometimes suspected I'm on his, and was disappointed to find otherwise. There is only one person on mine, but his inclusion is entirley justified and I am happy that the function is there.

That isn't me then :ohmy:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Did somebody say something?

:ohmy:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I don't understand the premise of the thread. Nobody is forced to use ignore lists; those who want to use them are free to do so, those who don't want to use them are free not to, everyone gets what they want.

Why would we want to change that?

Ben

theclaud

Openly Marxist
domtyler said:
Doubt it, I think it is fairly safe to say that she has some kind of feelings for you.

Just don't ask me what kind.

I would regard it as rude to ignore Lunchbox as I have sometimes deliberately engaged him in debate - in other words there is some give and take. The person on my list is someone who hurled abuse at me out of the blue. He's vile, but only seems to pop up now and again, and usually makes one objectionable post and then retreats in a cowardly fashion.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Shame there is no software feature which could block the drivel from a person on ones ignorant list being shown when some unfortunate pulls it out of ones box...but then again if they ever changed you would not know, but of course they never do, do they? :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom