what's the point of quorn?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
For animal welfare and the environment it could be a very very positive development.
But for health, whether real or synthetic, it's still going to be bad for you. No one needs to eat meat. People would be much healthier without any meat and dairy, and also with less highly-processed foods. We don't need beef/quorn burgers, when a serving of beans or lentils would be much healthier and more environmentally friendly (and cheaper).
I am having this debate with the NHS Foundation Trust I work for - every lunch and supper has at least two meat options and one vegetarian option. How can you expect people to eat healthily if in hospital you present them with that sort of diet.

When I started they also used to allow the patients to choose a cooked breakfast in the morning too but I soon put a stop to that unless the dietician requested it.

Incidentally those struggling with protein intake have a separate high protein menu so it's not a dietary choice.

Personally I would have at least one meal a day vegetarian/healthy fish, but then I eat very little meat.

Top Bottom