what's the point of quorn?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Lots of stuff ending in "ine" sounds ominous. Never heard or anything good ending in ine.
Saline .

Pretty important if you need it !

Iodine
Bromine
Chlorine
Fluorine

All fairly important too ...

jefmcg

Guru
So that's why I keep getting cravings for heroin, it's the methionine lol.

Quorn Mince, 100g
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy
393 kJ (94 kcal)
Carbohydrates
4.5 g
Sugars 0.6g
Dietary fibre 6.0 g
Fat
2 g
Saturated 0.5 g
Protein
14.5 g
Tryptophan 0.18 g
Threonine 0.61 g
Isoleucine 0.57 g
Leucine 0.95 g
Lysine 0.91 g
Methionine 0.23 g
Phenylalanine 0.54 g
Valine 0.60 g
Histidine
You do understand the difference between a list of ingredients and a chemical analysis?

Or Lysterine depending on how hard up you are.
Does Lysterine have alcohol in it? :ohmy: ^_^ Goes to check..... Apparently so! But it is about as expensive per volume (if not more so) than a cheap bottle of wine. They make an alcohol free one now which is more expensive than the regular one - Lysterine Zero.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
The Linda McCartney stuff is really tasty, particularly the rosemary and onion sausages, mozzarella burgers and country pies. The dried stuff that you make up with water can be a bit bland, but if you whack a load of herbs into the mix you can make it more exciting.

The Linda McCartney food has been a real eye opener for me, I'd eat the mozzarella burgers everyday quite happily

Drago

Legendary Member
Steroid-laden beef at a guess...

Superb. Double nutritious.

On one of the interweb sites the other day I was reading an article about an outfit in California who have been successful, apparently, in making convincing synthetic meat from vegetables. No pictures or endorsements from people who've tried it though.

AndyRM

XOXO
Memphis Meats? Pioneering, but pricey!

keithmac

Guru
A lad at work brought on some Quorn "Cicken Nuggets" or similar, Intried one and to be fair it was eatable, also had a lasagne made with Quorn mince once and it was again eatable.

I'm a rare Ribeye steak man myself but if someone's taken the time to make a meal with Quorn in it I'd happily eat it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Superb. Double nutritious.

On one of the interweb sites the other day I was reading an article about an outfit in California who have been successful, apparently, in making convincing synthetic meat from vegetables. No pictures or endorsements from people who've tried it though.
They're looking at the possibility of printing them, using a 3D printer now.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
For animal welfare and the environment it could be a very very positive development.

But for health, whether real or synthetic, it's still going to be bad for you. No one needs to eat meat. People would be much healthier without any meat and dairy, and also with less highly-processed foods. We don't need beef/quorn burgers, when a serving of beans or lentils would be much healthier and more environmentally friendly (and cheaper).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
For animal welfare and the environment it could be a very very positive development.

But for health, whether real or synthetic, it's still going to be bad for you. No one needs to eat meat. People would be much healthier without any meat and dairy, and also with less highly-processed foods. We don't need beef/quorn burgers, when a serving of beans or lentils would be much healthier and more environmentally friendly (and cheaper).
Beans. :hungry:

View: https://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0

:whistle:

Top Bottom