what's the point of quorn?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
To suggest something is pointless just because you don't like it is a bit narrow minded. As for telling other people what they should or shouldn't do, [Mod Edit] "that's just wrong".

err when did I say other people shouldnt eat it?

oh and MarkyMark? of course it's a dumb thread, it's in the cafe, it's not the end of the world if you don't like the thread, don't read it, same as I don't eat quorn.

Oh and Joffey I reckon Quorn had less effect on Mo than the illegal transfusions he had.

It was a light hearted thread, but feel free to get all hot and bothered about it :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
don't get it.
If you're vegetarian then be a vegetarian rather than pretend to eat meat.

oh and when I have tried it, it's just not nice, texture or the way it takes on the taste of everything it's mixed with
It' so Carnivores can feed Veggies.

Reactions: srw

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
err when did I say other people shouldnt eat it? oh and MarkyMark? of course it's a dumb thread, it's in the cafe, it's not the end of the world if you don't like the thread, don't read it, same as I don't eat quorn.

Oh and Joffey I reckon Quorn had less effect on Mo than the illegal transfusions he had.

It was a light hearted thread, but feel free to get all hot and bothered about it :-)

Well said! Quite a few question others reasons for threads. If you find it "dumb" just ignore it. Don't start the name calling and mocking.:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
We make a mexican style chilli with it, and have either nachos or baked potatoes. It is divine. I actually prefer it to mince meat.

a proper answer, who'd have thought!!!

I've always found it took up the tast of the things it was mixed with too much so it was actually too strong

Drago

Legendary Member
Isn't it made from fungus or algae or something equally snot like?

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
I dont eat meat and I'm trying to not have dairy either, but fail with cheese.
The point of Quorn is to provide people off all walks of life with a tasteless and overpriced dinner.
Supermarket non meat alternatives are much better and cheaper in my opinion.

I think I'd miss cheese more than meat, especially anything blue

Drago

Legendary Member
If you're vegetarian, why eat meat free sausages? Isn't acting out the ritual perpetuating the desire for meat?

A meat substitute I can utterly understand. A meat substitute designed to look and taste like meat goes way beyond me (although I'm cool if it floats your boat).

Top Bottom