What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A cheque for cash back from Plusnet. Now if only they’d activate my broadband...

Reactions: mjr

GM

Legendary Member
A new plastic driving licence.... I don't know what I was thinking, but it looks like I got it completely all wrong. My paper one expires a day before my 70th birthday this coming July, so I thought if I renew it now it would last 10 years, but no it expires the same day as my paper one..... Senior moment or what! :scratch:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Five miniature microswitches.
IMG_0951.JPG

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not sure yet as I can't be bothered to go outside and have a look (the mailbox is on the wall of the carport which is under the house) as it's too cold.

It will probably be more of the junk mail (estimated ratio to real mail in the region of 20:1) that I can't seem to switch off.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Nice new back wheel for my tourer, necessitated by the recent disintegration of its predecessor's rim. :sad:

I read with interest the thread about someone looking for a wheelset with a budget of £1K, before I realised that buying only one of those would triple the value of my bike. :laugh:

Settled on this (forgive the ad):

s-l500.jpg

Advertised as handbuilt, which I didn't expect for £45. I was slightly peeved when, expecting silver stainless spokes, they turned out to be black, but I've got used to the idea now. The hub wasn't the advertised RM30 either, but it's OK.

Slightly more pleased to find that, while my 32c Marathon Plusses were a b*gg*r to get off the old wheel, they went on the new one relatively easily.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not sure yet as I can't be bothered to go outside and have a look (the mailbox is on the wall of the carport which is under the house) as it's too cold.

It will probably be more of the junk mail (estimated ratio to real mail in the region of 20:1) that I can't seem to switch off.
Open junk mail. Find prepaid reply envelope in it. Put junk mail into envelope. Post. It soon reduces.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Open junk mail. Find prepaid reply envelope in it. Put junk mail into envelope. Post. It soon reduces.

I even followed the PO's own advice (can't find link now) and still the junk comes.

Mind you even the PO can pale into insignificance, yesterday Lovely Wife received seven separate envelopes from the Coventry Building Society all relating to a new ISA a/c she opened online with them last week! Crazy!

Top Bottom