What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
An Ipsos survey about the new car we have just bought.

I don't know how much spare time these people think we all have but looking at it, it looks a good hours work.

I put it in the paper recycling bin.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Bowel cancer screening letter. If I fail it after that colonoscopy, I'll be damned if I'm having another!
My better half said her colonoscopy was no big deal (other than leaving her dignity at the door).

Worth it, considering her mother died of bowel cancer, an aunt is being treated for the same, and another aunt died from multiple cancers.

Although even without that horrendous family history, screening & early diagnosis seems worthwhile and sensible.

Edit to add: her results were all clear!

My better half said her colonoscopy was no big deal (other than leaving her dignity at the door).

Worth it, considering her mother died of bowel cancer, an aunt is being treated for the same, and another aunt died from multiple cancers.

Although even without that horrendous family history, screening & early diagnosis seems worthwhile and sensible.

Edit to add: her results were all clear!
My point was that I've only just had one in the last few weeks, apologies, didn't make that clear!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
A belt sander to refresh the garden bench. Do not, under any circumstances, buy B&Q own brand spray "teak oil". It is not oil, but a water-based dye. Now it all needs sanding back to bare wood and oiling with actual teak oil.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
20230720_141311.jpg

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A belt sander to refresh the garden bench. Do not, under any circumstances, buy B&Q own brand spray "teak oil". It is not oil, but a water-based dye. Now it all needs sanding back to bare wood and oiling with actual teak oil.

Sounds like the teak 'oil' i found, which had a texture and colour of soup/diarrhoea. Kind of like a tin of Campbells Cream of Dogsh##.

I tested it on our oldest piece of garden furniture, a 1980s table. It's now so hideous it lives out of sight behind a shed.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

I got one of these, but a wired remote version. I can't say I use the remote at all. I was kind of hoping it would be like a dip switch on a car headlights, but all it does is cycle through the different modes, on whatever level you have it on.

Maybe yours is different.

Update - Looking at the reviews, it appears yours does what I wanted mine to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom