What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
You need to check whether you're on the open or closed voting register. If it is the former, then companies who do mail circulars etc have access to that, hence junk mail.

I am on the closed register and I don't get any junk barring the odd charity request or takeaway menu.

Ah! Thanks for that - we've tried the Royal Mail process and that just doesn't work so maybe this is the answer.

Found the 'how to do it' here:

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

AndreaJ

Veteran
Mudguards for my new bike, ordered from Wiggle Sunday night with free standard delivery and arrived this morning. Came in a huge box with lots of plastic packing but no Haribo!
E54D37FE-7090-48A1-8DFD-E6BEB275EECD.jpeg

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Planet X Das Boots. Cleats on. Test ride done, toes still warm, but not too cold today and only a short ride, but so far so good.

The payslip from last years' General Election duties.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A pair of Zoo Hardware door levers in stainless steel. Very nice crisp items at a decent price of around £12. Why does stainless look better than satin nickel? I think it's brighter.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Saturday's joy ....

View attachment 116357

Nice bit of Merino, Titanium cooking mug and spork from Alpkit and the fab book from Guardian books by that Emilly Chappell.

Like the style here ...

View attachment 116358

Practicing with my Christmas 'Pocket Stove' and titanium mug ....

View attachment 116359

What's the postie brought you today?

I looked at the OP and decided to by Emily Chappell's book about her adventures as a bike courier in London.

It wasn't strictly brought to me by the postie because I appear to have downloaded it to my Kindle Cloud Reader, something I didn't know I had.

Works OK, opens in my web browser, but I do wonder what I have actually bought for my fiver.

Made a start on the 'book'.

Readable and not too long.

As someone who spent several years working in the West End of London and wandering around there it appeals to me.

I grasp her descriptions of the various characters she encounters but never really makes friends with.

Maybe not so interesting for someone with no knowledge of or interest in the capital.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I looked at the OP and decided to by Emily Chappell's book about her adventures as a bike courier in London.

It wasn't strictly brought to me by the postie because I appear to have downloaded it to my Kindle Cloud Reader, something I didn't know I had.

Works OK, opens in my web browser, but I do wonder what I have actually bought for my fiver.

Made a start on the 'book'.

Readable and not too long.

As someone who spent several years working in the West End of London and wandering around there it appeals to me.

I grasp her descriptions of the various characters she encounters but never really makes friends with.

Maybe not so interesting for someone with no knowledge of or interest in the capital.
I was thinking of this book the other day after seeing Emily in an article a women endurance atheletes. I think you’re right that it really chimes if you are familiar with inner London riding. I really enjoyed it. I lent mine to a cycling pal without that experience and he found it a bit average.
I must read it again.

Top Bottom