What's up with the Grand Tour and women?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I'm watching the boxing on ITV4 and its the same thing ! All blokes and no females or transgender .
:angry:
Turn it off.

Slick

Guru
I see McDonalds has taken up the grid girl ban to help sell their shyte food
Take more than that to sell that muck.xx(

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Because Top Gear is and always was a load of shite and most of us have far better things to do that appear on shite TV programmes that for some reason plenty of ;) men find entertaining...? ;)
The mere fact that you need scantily clad women in what is essentially an overblown expensive version of Top Gear with three ageing schoolboys presenting it, what do you expect?. Yep, it's just glossy shite....

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Old Top Gear presenters past their sell by date + lots of dosh = The Grand Tour

Although I'm not into cars, didn't TG used to be a rather dull show about reviewing cars with a bloke from Tomorrows World?.

Ganymede

Veteran
Jodhi Marsh was at the top of the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car board in Top Gear. And they had Helen Mirren on who said to JC that the fancy sports car he had on that particular show was pathetic.

FEAR IS A HELLOVA DRUG

Seemed to be a lot of women in the audience on the last episode. Perhaps they all have pictures of Clarkson on the wall at home.

But really, what is the problem with the show? It's made for a particular audience - they, and we know that.
I don't watch 'Lorraine' - 'cos it's not aimed at me. I doubt it features regular spot for middle aged mens fashion and hair styles. Please tell me if I'm wrong - I wouldn't know as I always bypass it.
Seems it's Top Gear/Grand Tour that gets the criticism for bias. 'Bargain Hunt' has had male presenters for years without comment - well until Tim Wannacott went a bit Clarkson with the producers.

When it comes to it, the companies want TV shows that will attract a big an audience as possible as that is what will sell the advertising space.

Top Bottom