What's up with Wiggle.com?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Brandane, 15 Apr 2010.

1. Brandane

Brandane Fair weather cyclist.

Last night I tried to log in to my wiggle account to buy some brake pads. Had forgotten my password so clicked the box for a reminder. No response.

Still no response this morning, so opened another account under a new e-mail address. Ordered and paid for the pads. No confirmation e-mail, no response whatsoever! No money out of my account either.

Anyone else had problems? Only used them once before a few months back and the service was excellent, which makes this all the more surprising.

2. StuartG

StuartG slower but further

Ordered Tuesday, delivered today (free) so they still exist.

3. moggsy100

moggsy100 New Member

platinum member on wiggle and use it all the time... fantastic service all times and good delivery times.... recommend them too anyone...

4. Steve H

Steve H Large Member

I placed an order with Wiggle last night and all appears to have processed fully.

5. stargazer

stargazer Vermiculturist

Problem with your email? Are you getting email from elsewhere; have you checked your spam folder; have you checked that your address is correct in your Wiggle user profile?

6. johnnyh

johnnyh Veteran

have a platinum wiggle account and ordered a new Giro Atmos helmet from them... then it was pointed out to me I could get it cheaper from Amazon - but still supplied by Wiggle!!!

emailed them to ask about it and was told to cancel my order and order it via the Amazon link instead - the day the loyalty died! no point in being loyal when Joe Public can buy it cheaper from the same supplier on a one off purchase.

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Checked your junk box? Sometimes mail end up in email junk box when its not junk.

8. trekpilot

trekpilot New Member

Ive had the same problem, contacted them this morning but no response yet.

9. viniga

viniga Über Member

Might be too simple but I always use wiggle.co.uk don't think they are registered under .com

10. buddha

buddha Veteran

I ordered come components 3 weeks ago. Admittedly they we're out of stock at the time - though the 'buy' button did say/estimate 2-7? days between restocking. No news from them though.
    I guess it's all somewhere between here and China.

edit: can't open their site at the mo. Is it down, or my ISP playing up again?

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Its up and down, on and off, etc etc atm ;) Not your ISP.

12. jayonabike

jayonabike Powered by caffeine & whisky

I had trouble getting on the site earlier, tried again just now and got on it fine. I ordered off them on wednesday night, just got an email saying my stuff has been dispatched today. I'm a Royal mail driver and i saw plenty of wiggle boxes coming through the postal system last night at work as well.

jay

13. Manonabike

Manonabike Über Member

I have always had a good experience with Wiggle, however, lately I find that they are out of stock of a great deal of things and that is kind of annoying.

14. OP
    OP
    Brandane

Finally managed to get my password reset and got brake pads ordered. Didn't do anything different this time, so presumably the problem was with their site. Anyway, hopefully they will be in stock and sent out at the start of the week.

15. OP
    OP
    Brandane

Well, when you finally manage to place an order, they certainly don't hang about with getting it delivered! Brake pads ordered Saturday afternoon, arrived in the post today while I was at work. Well done Wiggle :ohmy:.

Now got them (Kool Stop dual compound pads) fitted to the bike, as well as a pair of new tyres I got today (Specialized Nimbus Armadillos). They are narrower (700 x 28) than the standard 700 x 32 tyres that came with the bike (Tricross). Hopefully I will notice a difference in the frequency of you-know-whats with the armadillo protection. Might even improve my average speed on the narrower tyres :sad:.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice