Whats wrong with our shower?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Pretty standard Mira electric shower (so cold-water supply only). Just suddenly gone cold overnight, no other ailments.

Repairable?

(We've had a good few years out of it ... and to be honest I've always fancied a more powerful one!!! )
Then it's irrevocably broken.

HTH :smile:

This may be a bit simplistic

but an electric shower always has to have a main cutoff switch on a pull cord or just outside the bathroom

It hasn;t accidentally got knocked off has it?

or the fuse blown/contact breaker tripped?

best to start with the simple

sorry if this seem over simple - but I used to work in IT - the number of computers I have switched on in nobodies business!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
MIRA has an excellent user help facility:

https://www.mirashowers.co.uk/support/fault-diagnosis/

Have used it twice in 12 years to diagnose and repair ours.

They did, and may still do so, a fixed fee any fault repaired service. About £140 if I remember rightly. However, on both occasions I obtained the parts (<£30) and fitted each in <20 minutes.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Pretty standard Mira electric shower (so cold-water supply only). Just suddenly gone cold overnight, no other ailments.

Repairable?

(We've had a good few years out of it ... and to be honest I've always fancied a more powerful one!!! )

Water pressure? I know they need a minimum pressure/flow to heat. Or maybe the pressure sensor?

I should leave it, great help with energy crisis.

It does make quite an annoying noise when it's on, for what is simply a cold-water hose.

Has the internal fire gone out, do you need to add more kindling, then pull the cord for the electric spark to light it?

Yes I think so.

@Fab Foodie 's solution was absurd - we have exactly the same water pressure as normal. Just freezing! (well .. ambient for August 1st, anyways ... )

The light comes on as normal. I suspect it's summat electrical e.g.
the cord for the electric spark to light it?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes I think so.

@Fab Foodie 's solution was absurd - we have exactly the same water pressure as normal. Just freezing! (well .. ambient for August 1st, anyways ... )

The light comes on as normal. I suspect it's summat electrical e.g.

Eh? I did say it may be the pressure sensor detecting the pressure...and how am I to know you have the same pressure as usual - anyhow have you measured it? :cry:

Our Mira has an eco setting that uses one immersion heater element rather than two.
Does your model have that?

Top Bottom