Whats wrong with our shower?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sounds like you need to calm down and have a cold shower..... :okay:

oh VERY FUNNY !!!

ANYWAY: I have found a utube thingy of a similar unit [back off] showing how to do simple ohms/continuity tests* on the main components; that may well diagnose a part (e.g. heating filament(s) ), and some SHOULD be available from the Mira site linked above [thanks!].
There is hope ... of a better shower in my future :P

*it will probably take me longer to get it off the wall than to do the tests ... Does a real man bother taking out fuses for such tasks?

Does a real man bother taking out fuses for such tasks?

Nah - water and electricity - what could possible go wrong

in other words - yup

sleuthey

Legendary Member
This may be a bit simplistic

but an electric shower always has to have a main cutoff switch on a pull cord or just outside the bathroom

It hasn;t accidentally got knocked off has it?

or the fuse blown/contact breaker tripped?

best to start with the simple

sorry if this seem over simple - but I used to work in IT - the number of computers I have switched on in nobodies business!

This ^^^

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Mira are great at after care.
My parents have a 20+ year old Mira. Still has parts and can still be serviced.
We bought a Mira shower off the back of their recommendation.

Lookrider

oh VERY FUNNY !!!

ANYWAY: I have found a utube thingy of a similar unit [back off] showing how to do simple ohms/continuity tests* on the main components; that may well diagnose a part (e.g. heating filament(s) ), and some SHOULD be available from the Mira site linked above [thanks!].
There is hope ... of a better shower in my future :P

*it will probably take me longer to get it off the wall than to do the tests ... Does a real man bother taking out fuses for such tasks?

If you upgrade your shower in future ...you "may" need a larger supply cable ( 6mm or 9mm2)
Depending on the voltage supply of the new unit
Also length of cable run can have an impact on voltage drop ( all be it very small ) the new shower will have minimum size supply cable rated on the back of box
Nothings ever straight frd is it ( sorry)

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Thermostat furred up, maybe.
If you've the model number and a pic then someone like showerdoctor (I think Edinburgh based) will send you the part.
Switch off the mains first.

The bloody thing came back to life almost as soon as I stopped reading your replies, folks!

I'm gonna suspect a loose contact in one of the sensors or heating switchery - it's probably on borrowed time, but no point trying to diagnose a ghost fault so we'll just crack on using it for now :smile:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The bloody thing came back to life almost as soon as I stopped reading your replies, folks!

I'm gonna suspect a loose contact in one of the sensors or heating switchery - it's probably on borrowed time, but no point trying to diagnose a ghost fault so we'll just crack on using it for now :smile:

Ahhhhhhh.....So the Mrs had turned it off on the pull cord but you don't want to lose face by admitting it? :laugh:

Last edited:

Reminds me of a computer system I used to be the backup support for
I knew naff all about it

Support notes from my team leader (who did know about it) said

"talk to John Berry (a computer operator on site - we were 2 hours drive away!) about it and woffle until he figures out something that appears to have worked - then tell me about it when I get back from holiday"
He didn;t do documentation!!!

basically fiddle with something until it works then leave well alone!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Ah, so possibly low water pressure then :whistle:
Sometimes it takes very little visible change to be the wrong side of the trigger pressure.....

presta

Guru

Careful you don't end up with a fire. I had a loose connection in my old shower, but it wasn't noticeable until it started melting the case.

Top Bottom