What's wrong with some other cyclists ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fifelad

Veteran
Commuting to work last Thursday, I got overtaken by a fellow roadie younger than myself up a slight incline. No hello, or exchange of pleasantries. So I caught up with him no bother, then overtook him, where I said hello, it was replied with a half hearted reply. He then overtook me again and then I decided to just sit on his back wheel. He was obsessed with looking where I was as if he was in a race, we eventually went our separate ways when I turned off. I couldn't resist shouting k**b ! as he went on his way. What's wrong with some folk ? A smile, hello or nod of the head, or wave too much ? Some mothers do have them ! Any other tales of ignorance that people have had ?

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Wish I had a pound for every time I acknowledge another cyclist only to be ignored but don't give up, for every ignorant sod there is a peasant one.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVf1ufxbNue-G4oRK98AOxfuZiF6hesF0uM0yLvJBKaUBNrVOR.jpg

Big Nick

Commuting to work last Thursday, I got overtaken by a fellow roadie younger than myself up a slight incline. No hello, or exchange of pleasantries. So I caught up with him no bother, then overtook him, where I said hello, it was replied with a half hearted reply. He then overtook me again and then I decided to just sit on his back wheel. He was obsessed with looking where I was as if he was in a race, we eventually went our separate ways when I turned off. I couldn't resist shouting k**b ! as he went on his way. What's wrong with some folk ? A smile, hello or nod of the head, or wave too much ? Some mothers do have them ! Any other tales of ignorance that people have had ?

Why do you think because a person rides a bicycle there are exempt from being an a***hole?

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
Maybe he didn't appreciate you on his back wheel.

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
I could keep the speed up I did it because of his attitude. Would of let him go otherwise. Yes he got my goat. I was not the one who did not have the decency to barely answer a friendly hello. I'm not a bad guy honest ! ^_^

Albert

Über Member
In my experience cyclists are usually very sociable. On my travels, most cyclists I meet are friendly and respond to a wave, greeting or smile - except for those who I encounter around Aberystwyth, many of whom seem to find communication difficult............ probably the result of living in the middle of nowhere :ph34r:

Top Bottom