What's wrong with you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pretty sure we had a thread like this a couple of years ago.
Nothing wrong with me then or now :becool: ... that I know of ... :ph34r:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Naively, I always just presume that all of the members of our much-loved forum are all super-human athletes who brave wind and rain to cycle more miles to work each day than I do in a week. They all have perfect health and laugh in the face of any affliction. However, reading some of the recent posts, I've come to realise that most of us have things that we live with every day. It's got me interested in what people put up with everyday but still love cycling - be it ingrowing toenails or loss of movement in certain limbs.

So what've you got?

I'll start - arthritis in both feet!
Arthritis in my lower spine and neck (20 years of nursing did that!)
Fibromyalgia
Arthritis in both knees (left is worse)

I am now minus my gallbladder and have had a total hysterectomy, but I don't need those bits for cycling so....:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Left hand with the colour coming back to it
CAM97.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My back aches from time to time from where I broke it in '83.
False left knee and clicky right elbow.
Bit of osteo arthritis in my right knee
Very dodgy right wrist

I find exercise helps the arthritis and keeps it at bay. No meds as yet but I can't have NSAIDS anyway so I'll keep right on exercising.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Over the years I have broken my left wrist twice, my right wrist once, my right foot twice, my collar bone, three ribs, a finger, my right ulna. I've split a kneecap, dislocated my shoulder and a big toe and had concussion. Considering I road raced motorcycles for twenty years, I don't consider that a bad tally. Much better than some of my contempories fared. Indeed, many are no longer with us. All things being equal, I don't think my present physical condition is too bad at all. I still have full movement of everything and the occasional bouts of 'old injury' pain are manageable. I can still grab the odd Strava KoM and generally run in the top 10%. I can, and do, regularly swim a mile. So all in all I think I've come
through things pretty well and am extremely grateful for being so lucky. I never thought I would live past 30. I am now 60, recently retired and looking forwards to enjoying myself.
Basically, I consider myself to be a jammy git.^_^^_^^_^

Top Bottom