What's your biggest bike related mistake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3967030, member: 45"]Agreeing to try to assemble an old friend's mail-order Jorvik trike.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear. I take it you've not got very far with them then?

In a foolish act of bravado, I attempted a fairly serious downhill course on a Raleigh Activator, demolishing the front of the bike, my left clavicle and several small trees when it all went inevitably wrong...

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3967171, member: 45"]All I will say is, this is the front light that came in the box. That's a front light. A simple battery light...

IMAG1441_zpschplckpa.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh...

Oh dear.

sidevalve

Über Member
[QUOTE 3964476, member: 45"]Thinking that a Brooks saddle was a good idea.[/QUOTE]
BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!
My mistake was giving up riding for 30 years.

tobykenobi

Über Member
Went through exactly the same thing - back to SPDs

Got some new shoes this summer and went from SPDs to SPD-SL at the same time. The shoes are great (the old pair were heavy and falling apart) but still not getting on with the SPD-SLs. It's not getting out of them (been using SPDs for years) but getting into them.

My old pedals were double-sided so just had to stamp down and click in. With the SLs have to flip the pedal with your toe and make sure it's the right way up.

As soon as I have checked that the new shoes will do SPDs, I think I'll switch back.

Taking bike fit advice from a Halfords employee

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Getting suckered into taking a trip through what I thought was surface mud churned by farm machinery, to find it so deep in places, my rear derailleur went under. The good thing was that with my very wide ratio gearing I was able to continue riding instead of putting feet down. Had to throw the chain away and replace the jockies.. Lucky to save the derailleur I suppose.

Postmanhat

Trying to use The Force to kerb-hop at 20mph on Tuesday. Next time I'll just take my rain-soaked glasses off so I can see properly.

Christ, bruised ribs are debilitating

Haydena

Regular
[QUOTE 3967171, member: 45"]All I will say is, this is the front light that came in the box. That's a front light. A simple battery light...

IMAG1441_zpschplckpa.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I have read a none Jorvik trike article about a trike kit that came from china with the same unit,mmmm makes me think, and yes I have become a victim of Jorvik!

Attachments

• IMAG1441_zpschplckpa.jpg
    IMAG1441_zpschplckpa.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom