What's your daily job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I'm a student. I don't have a job.
I'm retired, I don't have a job

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not sure what I'm going to do. Just drifting by currently. Unsure if I'll be able to complete my degree. :sad:

Which is why I use the tarm 'future professional'. If you're a student ... of what? That's a vague term and students get lost in that. If you've a goal it helps, even a little bit, to give a directional push.

Drifting is OK for a short while. However, let it go on too long and you miss modules / years.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Which is why I use the tarm 'future professional'. If you're a student ... of what? That's a vague term and students get lost in that. If you've a goal it helps, even a little bit, to give a directional push.

Drifting is OK for a short while. However, let it go on too long and you miss modules / years.
Student of neuroscience. I've been drifting for months if not years. Thought about going to medical school after (GEM) but that's looking very unlikely at the moment.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Retired doorman, soldier, bodyguard, copper. Sort of was on the eye out, half heartedly, for a part time job but given up bothering now, just digging the retirement malarkey.
How do you spend your days now that you're retired? What does a day in your life look like?

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

There's been a few threads over the years asking the same.

Music and film biz luvvy since 1984 so must like it.
I haven't seen those threads. What do you do every day for your job?

Drago

Legendary Member
How do you spend your days now that you're retired? What does a day in your life look like?
Get up, scratch arse, make breakfast for mini D, make pack up for Mrs D, tidy up, eat my own brek, walk mini D school with dog, 20 mins to half on the on weights, bike ride, shower, lunch, read/snooze, walk dog to collect mini D from school, welcome Mrs D home, eat tea, chill, bed.

When the virus isn't putting a crimp on daily life that routine would include time up the range with my airguns, or on the local farm with my shotgun.

gbb

Legendary Member
Maintenance engineer working on citrus fruit netting and grape punnet machines, products destined for M&S predominantly. Very busy environment, very new factory...I love my job but hate what i call the 'white noise', the tsunami of paperwork, extra tasks, training provision, risk assessments, H&S and responsibilities that keep getting pushed down the line. My job has changed immensely in the last 20 years...for the worse, you just cant focus on your core job any more....but I still love it when I'm left to do what I'm paid for.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Get up, scratch arse, make breakfast for mini D, make pack up for Mrs D, tidy up, eat my own brek, walk mini D school with dog, 20 mins to half on the on weights, bike ride, shower, lunch, read/snooze, walk dog to collect mini D from school, welcome Mrs D home, eat tea, chill, bed.

When the virus isn't putting a crimp on daily life that routine would include time up the range with my airguns, or on the local farm with my shotgun.
What bike do you have? Airgun shooting is fun, only done it once though.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have double digit bike numbers. Airgunning is very good for honing maksmanship on the bigger firearms. And can be done in doors at a range with a cafe, somits a good social thing for me and the local rednecks.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

I have double digit bike numbers. Airgunning is very good for honing maksmanship on the bigger firearms. And can be done in doors at a range with a cafe, somits a good social thing for me and the local rednecks.
I'm saving up for my bike number 2. What's your favourite bike out of the ones you use- or the one you use the most if you can't decide on that question? I miss the bike cafe stops ://

Top Bottom