What's your discipline?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

With my first race planned for this Sunday, I wondered what the rest of you do cycling wise
Commuting
Sportives
Leisure etc.

ChrisKH

Guru
Commuting and Leisure.

Have seriously considered doing a local TT but I'm probably too old, too fat and would probably disgrace myself.

What race length and how old are you AS?

wafflycat

ChrisKH said:
Commuting and Leisure.

Have seriously considered doing a local TT but I'm probably too old, too fat and would probably disgrace myself.

Good grief, CKH...

I'm old, I'm a tad overweight, and I'm slow, but I have great fun on a local TT! The vast majority of those doing TTs are veterans (age 40+), so give it a go and have some fun!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Discipline? Lax!

I've tried most things at one point or another...
These days, generally commuting, leisure, audax, but I've also done the occasional bit of touring, freestyle BMX, MTB (I even raced once!!!).

Don't fancy TTs, road racing or cross though - way too much like hard work!

Dave5N

Über Member
A few trails, a few audaxes each year, a few longish road rides and I also do 'cross.

Thought about TTs but I didn't like it as a teenager and not sure I will now.

Might have a go on the track this year.

walker

Commuting which doubles up as training
Racing - Road, aiming to do some TT this year but I'm not buying a new bike or clip on's as I'm not sure it's something I want to get into.

Where are you racing this sunday then AS?

OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

ChrisKH said:
Commuting and Leisure.

Give it a go, you don't know till you try it. I think most people would really enjoy TT's. The evening club TT's can be a good laugh

I am in a 50k circuit race this weekend, I managed to claw my way up to 3rd cat last year, so this year I am aiming for some placings hopefully.
Oh, and I'm 48

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mostly commuting/ utility cycling. Then fitness/ training, currently doing some riding at the weekend to build a bit of fitness base. Very occasional reliability ride/sportive. Infrequent touring.

Time-trials: I do these fairly regularly even though I'm astonishingly bad at 'em. Has the advantage that there are events near me that I can ride to.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Commuting and utility cycling for me, plus (hopefully) some leisure riding sometime soon (seems a long time since I was in France, which is where I did my last lot of "for fun" cycling).

Goal for this year is to be able to do the distance from Crewe to Shrewsbury and back...

Melvil

Mainly pootling around on my tod but sometimes I team up for a duo or trio TT or a group ride...

Thinking about doing some fairly long distance touring in Europe in the summer (I hope).

Top Bottom